Applying Professional Scrum (APS)
11 April, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
Are you new to Scrum or looking to enhance your Scrum development team? Join our two-day Applying Professional Scrum (APS) training and gain the essential skills to master Scrum. Learn from professional, certified Scrum trainers who will guide you through the mechanics and best practices of Scrum, emphasizing practical application and real-world scenarios. Refresh your agile way of working and align your team members with Scrum terminology and concepts. Get ready to take your product development to new heights with Scrum.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
In this two-day Applying Professional Scrum training, you will gain a deep understanding of Scrum’s mechanics and coherence. Learn how to utilize visual information radiators and identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions. Participate more effectively in Scrum teams and increase the overall effectiveness of Scrum in your organization. Develop the skills to collaborate productively as a team member, apply Scrum to product development, and improve continuous delivery practices.
- Master the mechanics and coherence of Scrum and identify and avoid common pitfalls and dysfunctions.
- Participate more effectively in Scrum teams and increase the effectiveness of Scrum in progress.
- Collaborate productively as a team member.
- Apply Scrum to product development and improve continuous delivery practices.
- Scrum Mechanics and Coherence: Gain a deep understanding of the mechanics and coherence of Scrum, enabling you to implement Scrum in your projects effectively.
- Visual Information Radiators: Learn how to use visual information radiators to enhance transparency and improve collaboration within Scrum teams.
- Pitfalls and Dysfunctions: Identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions in Scrum and acquire the knowledge to address them proactively.
- Effective Scrum Team Participation: Identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions in Scrum and acquire the knowledge to address them proactively.
- Increasing Scrum Effectiveness: Explore strategies and best practices to enhance the overall effectiveness of Scrum in your organization.
Who is it for?
This Applying Professional Scrum (APS) training is perfect for:
- Development teams, Product Owners, or Scrum Masters new to working with Scrum.
- Development managers and stakeholders aiming to improve their understanding of the Scrum framework.
- Individual designers, programmers, testers, or specialists working with or inside a Scrum development team.
Basic knowledge of Scrum is beneficial but optional.
Why should I follow this training?
Gain the essential skills to master Scrum and elevate your product development practices.
Apply Scrum effectively to improve collaboration, productivity, and overall project success.
Learn from professional, certified Scrum trainers with extensive experience and practical insights.
Exam and Certification
After completing the Applying Professional Scrum (APS) training course, you will receive an exam code from Scrum.org. This code is valid indefinitely, allowing you to take the Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM 1) exam online whenever you choose. If you take the exam within 14 days after receiving the exam code and you do not pass with the required score, Scrum.org offers a free second attempt. If you take the exam later and don’t pass, you must request a new exam code from Scrum.org. Any additional attempts will have separate costs not included in the training course.
If you pass the PSM 1 exam (score above 85%), you will:
- Receive the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM 1) certificate.
- Become a lifelong member of the Scrum.org community.
- Be included in the global Professional Scrum Master database.
What does it look like?
should I know?
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements as we offer delicious lunches, with a salad bar and fresh pastries. We’ll also share literature if you need to prepare for the course.
See you soon!
Our trainers are Scrum.org-certified experts with impressive track records.
This training includes all the literature needed and a delicious lunch on each course day.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered.
Meet the trainers
Meet Manuel Riezebosch, trainer at Xebia Academy. Manuel is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) and trains on behalf of Xebia in Microsoft, like the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) with .NET training course. View Manuel’s full profile and training courses on Xebia Academy.
Sander is Lead Agile Consultant at Xebia and a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) at Xebia Academy.
Meet Evelien Roos, trainer at Xebia Academy. Evelien is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) and keynote speaker.
Also interesting for youView all training courses
With our Kanban System Design (KSD) training, you can learn the basics of Kanban and obtain the KMP I certificate.
Take your Scrum skills to the next level with the Road to Mastery, a comprehensive Scrum learning journey.
Maximize your impact with our Professional Scrum Master 2 (PSM 2) training. Gain expert scrum master skills and unlock your potential.
Learn all the skills you need to become a Professional Scrum Master. Get your Scrum.org PSM 1 certificate now!
Take your Scrum mastery to new heights with our Certified Scrum Master Training. Learn how to facilitate, coach, and lead Agile teams to success.