Obeya Builder Training
18 January, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
The Obeya builder training is an in-depth and practical program on the technicalities of building an Obeya room. Follow this two-day course to learn to design a (digital) Obeya room, how to deal with information and data, and how to structure and visualize information into a dynamic and connected plan towards long-term value in aid of a collective learning process.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
During this Obeya Builder training, you will uncover the synergy between the roles of Obeya Host and Builder and learn essential structuring techniques for effective Obeya rooms. You will learn about information categorization methods, Visual Management practices for optimal impact, and the strategic collection and utilization of data. By the end, you will have the prowess to structure information, foster long-term value, and boost decision-making efficiency.
- Design structured, dynamic Obeya rooms and streamline information categorization.
- Visualize data for collective insights based on best practices.
- Enable proficient data collection strategies for decision cycle empowerment.
- Enhance Agile and Lean practices and boost your Obeya maturity.
- Establish learning goals for effective Obeya practices.
- Prepare for setting up Obeya spaces.
- Hands-on experience with information categorization.
- Align purpose, objectives, planning, and information.
Who is it for?
This training is tailor-made for Managers, Scrum Masters, Lean professionals, Consultants, Agile Coaches, and all individuals aiming to enrich their fundamental Obeya skills and seeking quicker decision cycles while enhancing understanding.
Completing the Obeya Fundamentals exam and membership with the Obeya Association is required to follow this course.
Why should I follow this training?
Enhance Decision Power
Craft collective learning environments for better decision cycles.
Elevate your Agile and Lean practices to expert levels.
Master data visualization for impactful insights.
What does it look like?
Exam and Certification
The Obeya Host exam and certification are included in the training price:
- Earn your Obeya Certificate by successfully completing the Obeya Builder exam after the course.
- Take the exam at a time of your choice.
- The Obeya Builder Certificate demonstrates your expertise and proficiency in Obeya. In addition, you receive a one-year free membership to the Obeya Association Community.
- Please note that for this course, a prior Obeya Fundamentals certification is required.
should I know?
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the course, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if you need to prepare.
See you soon!
The price includes taking the Obeya Builder exam.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
All study materials and a delicious lunch are also included.
Meet the trainers
Laurens Bonnema is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) at Xebia Academy. Other topics: scaling, leadership and Obeya.
Meet Serge Beaumont, trainer at Xebia Academy. Serge teaches a broad range in Agile Scaling training courses.
Merijn Boekel-van den Brink
Merijn Boekel-van den Brink is an Obeya trainer at Xebia Academy. As an organizational and behavioral psychologist, she’s the right person to do so.
Upcoming coursesView all trainings
Join the Tech Lead Masterclass. Discover what it truly means to be a Tech Lead and enhance your leadership skills.
Become a Professional Agile Leader with Evidence-Based Management (EBM) specialization. Optimize product value, business results, and resource utilization.
Master Agile leadership & boost your Scrum Team’s and organization’s performance with our PAL-E training.
Unlock your leadership potential with our one-day Leadership for Product Managers Training.
2 Feb, 2024
Discover our Obeya Fundamentals Training for anyone seeking to understand and apply Obeya principles.