Do more with data!
You have a basic understanding of Python, but want to learn about the Python ecosystem? This training will do just that for you. In three days, you will learn how to unlock the potential of Python for data analysis, visualization, and machine learning. You will know how to work with Jupyter notebooks, transform your data with pandas, train models with scikit-learn, and create plots and graphs with Matplotlib, Seaborn, and other visualization packages (e.g., plotnine, Altair).
"Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own." —Data Scientist, FD Mediagroep
This training is perfect for
Budding Data Scientists who want to get a grip on the most popular and essential data science tools. This Foundation training enhances your data science skills and shares best practices for setting up projects in Python to kickstart your venture into data science. Familiarity with Python is required for this training. Check out the Python Essentials training program to get an idea of the level needed to join this course.
What will you learn during the Python Foundation training?
The program consists of both theory and hands-on exercises.
- Working with Jupyter notebooks in a sustainable way
- How to do numerical computations and linear algebra with NumPy
- Visualizing data with Matplotlib, Seaborn, and other packages
- Transforming and munging data with pandas
- Machine Learning principles and how to work with scikit-learn
You will learn:
- How to create interactive documents
- The most useful tips and tricks (magics, and more.)
- How to organize your project
- Where the performance comes from
- Some limits of the performance
- About broadcasting and its advantages
- How to work with shape conventions
- The most useful NumPy functions and tricks
- How to create plots with Matplotlib in other packages
- More advanced plots with Seaborn
- More expressive plotting libraries (plotnine or Altair)
- How to perform data-wrangling tasks
- The most important methods and functions in pandas
- How to customize aggregations
- How to organize code and use pandas pipelines
- Understanding stateless transformations
- How to automate logging in pandas
Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Machine Learning models
- Data Transformations
- Data Estimators
- How to combine these into pipelines
- How to automate everything in a grid search
- How to write building blocks
Data Science Trainers
This Data Science training is brought to you by our training partner GoDataDriven. GoDataDriven works with experts in their field who are always on the lookout for the most innovative ways to get the most out of data. Your trainer is a data guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you work with the latest tools.
Data Science with Python Foundation Certification
The exam and Data Science with Python Foundation certificate are included in the course. The exam can be taken directly after the training or at a moment of your choice. If you get at least 50% of the 50 multiple choice questions right, you will pass the exam and receive your certificate. More information about the exam can be found here. Prepare in advance with this Data Science with Python Foundation sample exam here. Please select “Data Science with Python Foundation (2020)” from the dropdown menu.
Data Science Learning Journey
Your Data Science Learning Journey starts with the basics, like the Data Science for Product Owners, Data Science with R or this course. Continue your journey with the Advanced Data Science with Python course or three days of Deep Learning. If you want to proceed to Expert level, read more about our Data Science with Spark training.
Yes, I want to improve my Data Science projects!
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- The Data Science with Python Foundation certificate is included in the price of the training.
- The training requires a laptop. The hands-on labs are run in an online environment, eliminating the need to install software. We distribute all course materials for running locally as well.
- This course is brought to you by our training partner GoDataDriven.
- Literature and a delicious lunch are included in the price.
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included.