31 January, 2024 – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Apache Spark is a powerful, open-source processing engine built around speed, ease of use, and advanced analytics. This course teaches you to unlock its full potential and master this challenging tool.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
After the training, you will be able to:
Process large-scale data using PySpark.
Understand the fundamentals of Apache Spark.
Perform machine learning on large-scale data.
- Spark execution and the Spark session.
- Transformations vs. actions.
- Laziness and lineage: how Spark optimizes code.
- How to use the Spark UI.
- Spark DataFrames vs pandas DataFrames.
- How to load and save DataFrames.
- How to join data.
- User-defined functions and pandas’ user-defined functions (with performance implications).
- Window operations.
- How to partition and how Spark reads and writes data.
- Shuffling, narrow, wide operations, and their impact on performance.
- The catalyst optimizer.
- About scheduling and job execution.
- About caching and persistence levels.
Spark Machine Learning
- Machine learning with Spark.
- Pre-processing data and feature engineering.
- Model selection.
- Pipeline API.
- Advanced topics.
Spark Structured Learning
- Structured streaming.
- Machine learning and streaming.
- Windows and aggregations.
- Fault tolerance and Kafka.
- Kafka as a source and sink.
- Spark execution and Spark sessions
- DataFrame methods, properties, and actions
- APIs: (Py)Spark DataFrame vs Spark SQL
- Reading and writing data in Spark
Who is it for?
This training is perfect for anyone working in an organization that uses Apache Spark and wants to get the most out of it. The training is not limited to Data Scientists who wish to scale their projects. Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Software Programmers, and Database Administrators who want to exploit Apache Spark will also benefit from this course.
Prior experience with Python or software programming is required.
Experience with database languages such as SQL and pandas is helpful but not mandatory.
Why should I follow this training?
Learn the fundamentals of Apache Spark
Learn from the Spark experts
Learn to process large-scale data using PySpark and perform machine learning
should I know?
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if you need to prepare.
See you soon!
All literature and course materials are included in the price.
After registering for this course, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information.
Also interesting for youView all trainings
Transform into a certified Data Scientist in just 12 weeks. This boot camp will kick-start your Data Science career with Python.
Learn how to extract insights, interpret seasonality and build forecasting models from time series data.
4 Mar, 2024
Learn how to code in Python and perform data analysis with our Python for Data Analysis training.
Dive deeper into Advanced Data Science with Python and develop your skills even further.
8 – 9 Feb, 2024
Get to know your full potential of Deep Learning and transform the way you work with text.