ASP.NET Core Fundamentals
29 January, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
Microsoft has introduced the next version of ASP.NET: ASP.NET Core 5. The newly introduced version of MVC allows developers to build modern and future-proof server-side web applications, unifying the MVC and Web API frameworks. This new version introduced the most significant change to the platform since its inception many years ago.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
ASP.NET Core 5 is Microsoft’s open-source framework for creating web applications and building web APIs. This course is focused on helping you gain mastery over this framework – helping you develop cross-platform, lightweight, Cloud-Ready apps with outstanding performance.
All participants build an app prototype during the training with their trainer’s support. This practical approach will teach you how to work with ASP.NET Core 5 yourself, and you will go home with a piece of software you can continue building.
- Gain proficiency in ASP.NET Core 5, enabling you to develop cross-platform web applications and APIs with exceptional performance.Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Understand how ASP.NET Core 5 unifies the MVC and Web API frameworks, empowering you to build modern and future-proof server-side web applications. Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Learn by doing! Develop an app prototype during the training with hands-on support, ensuring you leave with tangible software development skills.
- Dive deep into the ASP.NET Core 5 fundamentals, covering topics like .NET 7, MVC configuration, Entity Framework Core, navigation, form creation, authentication with ASP.NET Identity, security, advanced concepts, Blazor, unit testing, diagnostics, logging, caching, performance optimization, and deployment.
In this training course, you will get complete information on how to start building web applications with ASP.NET Core 5 MVC. This course will support you in building a strong foundational understanding of ASP.NET Core 5 and ASP.NET Core 5 MVC.
Moving to .NET 7 and ASP.NET Core
- This first module will give you an overview of the .NET 7 platform and its components. We will also look at the .NET Core CLI.
Finding your way around ASP NET Core MVC
- In this module, we will create the File > new project together and see what is getting generated. You’ll learn about the latest files, workflow, and configuration options with ASP.NET Core.
Creating our first page
- In this module, we’ll be building our first ASP.NET Core pages. We’ll start with basic configuration and add a first view, model, and controller. You’ll see how routing works and how we can allow users to authenticate with the site. After this module is complete, you’ll already understand how an ASP.NET Core MVC app is built, and you’ll be able to identify its primary building blocks, such as controllers, routing, and views.
Introduction to EF Core
- ASP.NET Core MVC comes backed with the support of a new version of Entity Framework Core. This new framework version has been redesigned from scratch to target .NET Core. In this module, we are exploring the new framework. We’ll see how it focuses entirely on code-first approaches.
Who is it for?
Familiarity with C# and basic web development skills.
Students new to MVC and seasoned ASP.NET developers seeking insights into the latest framework version.
Introduction to MVC (Model-View-Controller) for beginners, exploration of the latest version of the MVC framework, and an overview of new features and updates in this version of the framework.
Why should I do this training?
Stay at the forefront of web development.
Stay at the forefront of web development technologies by mastering cutting-edge technology.
Learn to develop web applications.
Learn to develop web applications that work seamlessly across platforms, giving you a competitive edge in the market.
Get hands-on experience.
Get hands-on experience during the training by building an app prototype with expert guidance, ensuring you leave with practical skills you can apply immediately. Future-Proof
What does it look like?
should I know?
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training, we will ask you about your dietary requirements and share literature if you need to prepare yourself. See you soon!
You will need your laptop with the latest version of Visual Studio.
Travel and accommodation are not included.
Also interesting for youView all training courses
The Product Backlog is an emergent, ordered list of what is needed to improve the product. It is the single source of work undertaken by the Scrum Team.
Dip your toes into what GitHub has to offer and get prepared to take the GitHub Foundations certification.
This MLOps on Azure training is then a perfect next step if you’d like like to take your Machine Learning models further.
7 Feb, 2024
Deepen your Analytics Translation skills for ideation, business case building, and stakeholder collaboration.
Discover how to boost the value of your product by leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI). In two days, you will become comfortable with the black box that is AI and learn how to extract value from data by enhancing your collaboration with Data (Science) or Analytics teams in your organization that build AI.