A shared language between business and IT professionals
Have you read a lot about Domain-Driven Design (DDD) but don’t know where to start? Are you in an Agile or DevOps team but don’t know what your business stakeholders' concerns are? Or is your organization Agile yet too many handovers still bring the wrong ideas to production? Want to move to a microservices architecture, but you're unsure whether this is the right way to go?
Then our DDD Foundation is just the thing you need. This 2-day training offers you first-hand experience of Domain-Driven Design, so you can directly implement it within your own context and domain.
"Creating the context map was such a valuable part of the training." - Software Developer
The Domain-Driven Design (DDD) training is perfect for...
The Domain-Driven Design training is perfect for everyone involved in creating software, from software architects to product owners, from scrum masters to business analysts, testers, and software engineers. The training starts with the foundation of DDD, so you do not need to know all the ins and outs yet. However, if you do want to come prepared, we recommend you read the free e-book The Anatomy Of Domain-Driven Design or go ahead and start with the book 'Domain-Driven Design' by Eric Evans.
What will I learn during the DDD Foundation training?
The 2-day training will involve many practical hands-on exercises that cover both theory and real-life examples. From strategic design patterns with big picture EventStorming to tactical design patterns with software modeling and example mapping. You will leave with enough hands-on experience to kick-start your own DDD journey.
Domain-Driven Design basics
You will learn:
- The essential Tactical design patterns
- The essential Strategic design patterns
- How DDD fits into your current software culture
- What problems DDD solves
- Building blocks of Model-Driven design
Working with Domain-Driven Design
You will learn about:
- Collaborative modeling with EventStorming
- Visualizing and distilling domains
- Context mapping for strategic design
- Designing teams and software together
- Creating multiple models for the same business needs
- Designing and modeling quality software
- Visualizing the flow between bounded contexts to optimize organizational flow
- Using DDD to deliberately discover
Hands-on experienced DDD Trainers
Our trainers are skilled software engineers, architects, and consultants. They are gurus in their field and they're extremely eager to share their impressive amount of experience with you. From in-depth knowledge to hands-on experience, our trainers will teach you how to step up your game and do a better job!
Developer Learning Journey
The Learning Journey of a professional developer starts at Xebia Academy! This training will offer you the basics of Domain-Driven Design. After completing this course, continue with our Professional level Strategic Domain-Driven Design training. This 2-day course offers you a deep dive into modern strategic Domain-Driven Design, so you can start applying strategic DDD patterns to your own situation.
Yes, I want to learn the DDD basics
After registering for this Domain-Driven Design training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training starts, we'll ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature when there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Literature and a tasty lunch are included in the price of the training
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not included
- We only offer this training in English
- We won't do any coding, so a laptop is not needed