Strategic Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
Design teams and software together by reducing the number of teams working on one feature. Create a loosely coupled architecture based on business concerns. Join our two-day workshop and explore the power of Strategic Domain-Driven Design (DDD). Learn to design functionally cohesive services and maximize DDD’s potential in your organization.
What will you learn?
Everything from Big Picture EventStorming to mapping the basic DDD strategic patterns with Context Mapping. Use Impact Mapping or Wardley Mapping to align teams and improve your roadmap. Explore how the Cynefin framework can help you approach and model each subdomain differently. After these two workshop days, you will have enough hands-on experience to start designing sociotechnical architecture yourself. You will know how to create a modern loosely coupled architecture (using DDD) and improve collaboration between Business and IT.
- Apply modern strategic DDD patterns to drive architectural innovation.
- Design functionally cohesive services and sociotechnical systems, and apply Cynefin framework for subdomain modeling.
- Leverage Big Picture EventStorming and Context Mapping techniques.
- Align teams, improve roadmaps, and create a shared language between IT and Business.
- Design functional, cohesive services within bounded contexts.
- Domain-Driven Design’s strategic design patterns.
- Sociotechnical systems.
- Exploring the Cynefin framework.
- Big Picture EventStorming.
- Visualizing and distilling domains.
- Context mapping for strategic design.
- Impact mapping or Wardley Mapping.
- Creating a modern, loosely coupled architecture linked with the business.
- Establishing a shared language between IT and Business.
- Designing functional, cohesive services within bounded contexts.
- Visualizing and identifying bounded contexts using DDD strategic design patterns to support scalable team designs.
Who is it for?
This professional-level training is ideal for Enterprise Architects, IT Architects, and Tech Leads with several years of experience who are eager to advance their architectural skills
This advanced course is for software developers and tech leads with several years of experience. Familiarity with the book ‘Domain-Driven Design’ by Eric Evans or the free e-book The Anatomy Of Domain-Driven Design is recommended to make the most of this deep-dive training.
Why should I do this training?
Harness the power of Strategic DDD to design loosely coupled architectures
Bridge the gap and improve collaboration between Business and IT.
Boost your career prospects as an Enterprise Architect or Tech Lead
should I know?
After registering for this DDD professional course, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask about any dietary requirements and share relevant literature for preparation.
“Creating the context map was such a valuable part of the training.” – Software Developer
See you soon!
Literature and a nice lunch on each course day are included.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered.
We offer this training in English.
We won’t do any coding, so a laptop is not needed.
A delicious lunch is included as well as snacks.
Also interesting for youView all trainings
Learn how to approach the critical parts of discovery and validation in the product development process with our Scrum Discovery & Validation Skills training.
The Obeya Coach training course is a three-day training for experienced and certified Obeya Builders and Obeya Hosts.
Master Impact Mapping for business success. Align stakeholders, plan effectively, and drive impact in your software delivery.
27 Mar, 2024
With this Terraform Foundation training course, you will learn what Infrastructure as Code is and how to use it in Terraform.
10 Oct, 2024
Discover what MLOps is and how you can apply it in GCP (Google Cloud Platform) with our MLOps on GCP training course.
29 May, 2024