Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) & Specification by Example (SBE)
8 April, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
Want to improve collaboration, increase clarity of requirements and ensure mutual understanding in all phases of the software development process? Get to know more about Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). Refining stories can be challenging. Often, teams create mini handovers in their sprints where refinement, development, and testing are separate activities done by separate people. This course will help you work better together and create better software.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Specification by Example (SBE) are overlapping terms for creating software based on collaboratively defined requirements. As a team, you create requirements through realistic, rather than abstract, examples. These examples are the foundation for creating more structured tests that align directly with the required business value.
In this 1-day training, you will learn the principles of Behavior-Driven Development and Specification by Example and how to practice them. After this course, you will be able to work on software in a more collaborative way. To realize this, we will provide you with the following knowledge and skills:
- Understand the principles of BDD and SBE.
- Practice collaborative Specification workshops.
- Facilitate effective Refinement sessions.
- Slice user stories to deliver optimal business value.
- Break down stories into realistic scenarios.
- Utilize scenarios as input for tests.
- Refine based on BDD principles.
- Provide executable views using examples.
- Maintain living documentation.
- Improve acceptance testing and requirement writing.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the development process.
- Principles of Behavior-Driven Development and Specification by Example.
- Techniques to conduct effective specification workshops.
- Skills to facilitate better refinement sessions.
- Expertise in slicing stories for optimal business value.
- Proficiency in writing clear acceptance criteria and living documentation.
- Enhanced communication and collaboration with stakeholders.
Who is it for
The Behavior-Driven Development / Specification by Example is perfect for Developers, Agile Testers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
It is important you know the basics of Agile and Scrum. If you have limited knowledge or experience with Agile or Scrum, please contact us in advance for suggestions on how to prepare. We also recommend you attend the training as a team. After all, BDD and SBE are team practices.
Why should I follow this training?
Improve collaboration and clarity of requirements
Enhance mutual understanding throughout the software development process
Deliver software in a more collaborative manner
should I know?
After registering for this course, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask about any dietary requirements. We have a salad bar and fresh pastries every day.
We will also share relevant literature if you need to prepare for the course.
See you soon!
One-day foundation training (not concluded with an exam or certification), available in English and Dutch.
Our trainers are Agile and Software specialists with impressive track records.
This training includes all the literature needed and a delicious lunch.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered.
Meet the trainers
Meet Erik Zeedijk, trainer at Xebia Academy. Erik is a test automation and quality trainer and trains on behalf of Xebia in Specification by Example, Agile Testing and Test Automation with Cypress. View Erik’s full profile and training courses on Xebia Academy.
Also interesting for youView all training courses
Follow the Infrastructure as Code – Terraform Advanced training and learn about up-to-date tooling available for Terraform.
5 – 6 Dec, 2023
Replace the wrong assumptions with the right questions. Get started with Design Thinking Foundation training.
Level up your developer skills with our React Foundation training. Get to know the basics of this popular library in just one day.
Learn SBE with Gojko Adzic. Turn user stories into acceptance tests in this 2-day workshop. Perfect for Agile teams. Enroll now!
Improve collaboration between business and IT with our Domain-Driven Design (DDD) Foundation training.