Save 33% on all Live Virtual Classrooms in May and June: Claim your 33% here.
Learn how to build web apps and APIs in .NET!
ASP.NET Core is Microsoft's open source framework for building web applications and web APIs in .NET. You will learn to develop cross-platform, lightweight, Cloud-Ready apps with a great performance. This 3-day training course was developed (and will be taught) by Roland Guijt, author of the popular Pluralsight course: "Understanding ASP.NET Core". You will learn all there is to know about ASP.NET by building your own application.
This ASP.NET training is perfect for
This course is perfect for .NET Developers with prior knowledge of HTML and CSS. This is a Foundation level training, which means we start from the beginning. However, to get the most out of these three days, experience with C# and creating web applications (HTML CSS, MVC fundamentals) is a prerequisite for participation.
What will you learn during the ASP.NET Core Fundamentals training?
You will learn by doing! During the training all participants build a prototype of an app, with the support of your trainer. This will teach you how to work with ASP.NET Core yourself, plus, you will go home with a piece of software that you can continue to build.
You will learn:
- What .NET Core is and the relationship with ASP.NET Core
- The structure of the project
- How to understand and configure middleware
- Dependency injection specific for ASP.NET Core
- How the MVC principle works
- How to create web pages including tag helpers and view components
- How to make REST APIs and what you should pay attention to
- How to deploy your new application on a web server or in the cloud
- To build modern web applications with .NET
- To develop REST APIs the right way
- To quickly build testable and logical apps with the MVC principle
- Ways to roll-out the app smoothly
Your Trainer: Roland Guijt
This training is offered by our training partner Xpirit. Xpirit works with experts in new Microsoft technology. This group of ambitious Architects, Developers, Consultants, Trainers and Coaches specializes in: DevOps, Cloud Architectures and Cloud Powered Intelligence. Your trainer is Roland Guijt, Roland is a Microsoft MVP who has been a passionate Developer, international speaker, Pluralsight author, Microsoft Certified Trainer and .NET guru for over 17 years.
.NET Learning Journey
Xebia Academy offers a wide range of training courses and workshops to help you discover new tools and learn new skills. If you are looking for an overview of our Developer Skills courses, check them out here. If you are looking for more .NET courses, you can find all the .NET courses we offer together with Xpirit here.
Yes, I want to know everything about ASP.NET
After registering for this training you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will ask you about your dietary requirements and we will share literature if you need to prepare yourself. See you soon!
What else do I need to know?
- You will need your own laptop, with the latest version of Visual Studio
- Travel and accommodation is not included
- This training is offered by our training partner Xpirit