Domain-Driven Design (DDD) Foundation
21 May, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
Step up your Agile and DevOps game. This two-day training course teaches you the basics of Domain-Driven Design. Learn how to design, model, and create software that focuses on underlying business concerns and creates a shared language between business stakeholders and the software team.Download training guide
09:00 – 17:00
What will I learn?
Already read a lot about Domain-Driven Design (DDD) but don’t know where to start? Need help figuring out what your business stakeholders’ concerns are? Is your organization Agile, yet too many handovers still bring the wrong ideas to production? Want to move to a microservices architecture but unsure whether this is the right way? Then our DDD Foundation is just the thing you need.
- Understand the essential tactical and strategic design patterns of DDD.
- Apply DDD principles to your current software culture.
- Solve common problems with DDD and improve software quality.
- Collaboratively model domains using EventStorming and Example Mapping.
- Manage complexity by applying boundaries with the Bounded Context.
- Visualize the flow between bounded contexts to manage dependencies on teams and systems
This 2-day DDD Foundation training will give you hands-on experience with practical exercises covering theory and real-life examples. From strategic design patterns using Big-Picture EventStorming to tactical design patterns with Software Modeling and Example Mapping, you’ll leave equipped with the knowledge and skills to kick-start your own DDD journey.
- Introduction to Domain Driven Design and Architecture.
- Why do domain-driven-design?
- Models; implicit & explicit design; language and accidental & essential complexity.
- Why, what, and how of Collaborative Modelling.
- Designing software together with the business: event storming & example mapping.
- From event storming & example mapping, through slicing for stories on the backlog.
- What are boundaries and why are they important?
- Apply the Bounded Context to align with natural boundaries and manage complexity
- Message flowing and allocation of responsibilities.
- Validate your design with the bounded context canvas.
Who is it for?
This Domain-Driven Design training is perfect for everyone involved in creating software, from software architects to product owners, from scrum masters to business analysts, testers, and software engineers.
Why should I do this training
Boost your Agile and DevOps skills
Learn to bridge the gap between business and IT professionals
Gain practical experience through hands-on exercises
What does it look like?
should I know?
After registering for the DDD foundation course, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask about any dietary requirements and share relevant literature for preparation.
See you soon!
Literature and lunch are included in the price of the training.
We won’t do any coding, so a laptop is not needed.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered.
This training is only offered in English.
Meet the trainer
Sjoerd Westerhof, trainer at Xebia Academy. He’s passionate about teaching in Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
Download the Domain-Driven Design (DDD) Foundation Training Guide
Also interesting for youView all trainings
Learn in this Specification by Example (SBE) training how to turn user stories into acceptance tests. Enroll now!
Discover the art of Strategic Domain-Driven Design for loosely coupled architectures. Elevate your software design skills and learn modern DDD patterns and practices.
Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Specification by Example (SBE) help you create software based on collaboratively defined requirements.
8 Apr, 2024
The Obeya Coach training course is a three-day training for experienced and certified Obeya Builders and Obeya Hosts.
Master Impact Mapping for business success. Align stakeholders, plan effectively, and drive impact in your software delivery.
27 Mar, 2024