Save 33% on all Live Virtual Classrooms in May and June: Claim your 33% here.
Become a Professional Cloud Developer
Are you an Application Developer who wants to learn how to use GCP services to build cloud-native applications? Time to gain the knowledge and skills to prepare for your Google Cloud Developer certificate. This 3-day training teaches you how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate components from the Google Cloud ecosystem.
Developing Applications with GCP is perfect for
This training is perfect for Application Developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform. Before enrolling, you need to complete the Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course, or have equivalent experience, working knowledge of Node.js and basic profiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments.
What will you learn during this Google Cloud Developer training?
This 3-day training offers a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs. You will learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications. This course covers, among others, developing loosely coupled application components, integrating application components, performing repeatable deployments and the use of Google Kubernetes Engine and Google App Engine Flex.
Best Practices for Application Development
- Code and environment management
- Design and development of secure, scalable, reliable, loosely coupled application components and microservices
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Re-architecting applications for the cloud
Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- How to set up and use Google Cloud Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Google Firebase SDK
- Lab: Set up Google Client Libraries, Google Cloud SDK, and Firebase SDK on a Linux instance and set up application credentials
Overview of Data Storage Options
- Overview of options to store application data
- Use cases for Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Datastore, Cloud Bigtable, Google Cloud SQL, and Cloud Spanner
Best Practices for Using Google Cloud Datastore
- Best practices related to the following: Queries Built-in and composite indexes Inserting and deleting data (batch operations) Transactions Error handling
- Built-in and composite indexes
- Inserting and deleting data (batch operations)
- Error handling
- Bulk-loading data into Cloud Datastore by using Google Cloud Dataflow
- Lab: Store application data in Cloud Datastore
Performing Operations on Buckets and Objects
- Operations that can be performed on buckets and objects
- Consistency model
- Error handling
Best Practices for Using Google Cloud Storage
- Naming buckets for static websites and other uses
- Naming objects (from an access distribution perspective)
- Performance considerations
- Setting up and debugging a CORS configuration on a bucket
- Lab: Store files in Cloud Storage
Handling Authentication and Authorization
- Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and service accounts
- User authentication by using Firebase Authentication
- User authentication and authorization by using Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy
- Lab: Authenticate users by using Firebase Authentication
Using Google Cloud Pub/Sub to Integrate Components of Your Application
- Topics, publishers, and subscribers
- Pull and push subscriptions
- Use cases for Cloud Pub/Sub
- Lab: Develop a backend service to process messages in a message queue
Adding Intelligence to Your Application
- Overview of pre-trained machine learning APIs such as Cloud Vision API and Cloud Natural Language Processing API
Using Google Cloud Functions for Event-Driven Processing
- Key concepts such as triggers, background functions, HTTP functions
- Use cases
- Developing and deploying functions
- Logging, error reporting, and monitoring
Managing APIs with Google Cloud Endpoints
- Open API deployment configuration
- Lab: Deploy an API for your application
Deploying an Application: Google Cloud Build, Google Cloud Container Registry, and Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Creating and storing container images
- Repeatable deployments with deployment configuration and templates
- Lab: Use Deployment Manager to deploy a web application into Google App Engine flexible environment test and production environments
Execution Environments for Your Application
- Considerations for choosing an execution environment for your application or service: Google Compute Engine Kubernetes Engine App Engine flexible environment Cloud Functions Cloud Dataflow
- Google Compute Engine
- Kubernetes Engine
- App Engine flexible environment
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Dataflow
- Lab: Deploying your application on App Engine flexible environment
Debugging, Monitoring, and Tuning Performance by Using Google Stackdriver
- Stackdriver Debugger
- Stackdriver Error Reporting
- Lab: Debugging an application error by using Stackdriver Debugger and Error Reporting
- Stackdriver Logging
- Key concepts related to Stackdriver Trace and Stackdriver Monitoring. Lab: Use Stackdriver Monitoring and Stackdriver Trace to trace a request across services, observe, and optimize performance
This Cloud Technology training is brought to you by Binx.io. Binx.io develops Cloud-Based Solutions, trains and coaches teams, and provides Managed Cloud Services. Binx.io is Google Cloud Authorized Training Partner, and your trainer is a real Cloud guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you get the most out of GCP.
Our Google Cloud Platform training courses all follow the curriculum drawn up by Google. The Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform training gives you in-depth knowledge and a Professional level understanding of building cloud-native apps on GCP. This training prepares you for Google's Professional Cloud Developer exam and certificate. Google recommends you to have 3+ years of industry experience, including 1+ years designing and managing solutions using GCP before taking the exam.
Google Cloud Platform Learning Journey
Your GCP Cloud Architect Learning Journey starts with a Foundation level training. Once you have the basics in place, you can select the Certified Google Cloud Platform track that best fits your professional ambitions. This training is an essential step on your journey to becoming a Professional Cloud Developer. If you are just getting started, the Foundation level training you need for the Cloud Developer track is Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure.
Yes, I want to become a Professional Cloud Developer.
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Literature and a delicious lunch are included in the price of the training.
- This training includes the Google's Professional Cloud Developer exam and certificate.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
- You need to bring your laptop to this training.