Use neuroscience to take your training to the next level!
Making people understand and remember the right knowledge is the holy grail. With Training from the Back of the Room (TBR™ ), you'll learn how to engage your audience and interpret body language.
For the Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™ Class), we know that training in an online environment and facilitating these events have become commonplace. But delivering training in the online environment is not about simply copy-pasting your physical training to an online tool. It's so much more than that.
In this training, both online and offline, you'll learn how to create a learning environment where learners process the information that they need to know in a brain-friendly, effective way.
The Training From the Back of the Room (TBR™) is perfect when...
...you are an (online) facilitator, trainer, or teacher, and you would like your students to learn in the best way possible. If you would like to know:
- How to maximize learning.
- How to connect with participants and how to engage all learners in training.
- How brain-based principles support your learning.
- How to make the best use of all of this in a virtual environment.
Training from the Back of the Room (TBR™) and Training from the Back of the Room - Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™ Class)
Our Training From the Back of the Room (TBR) and Training From the Back of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE) will give you new insights that you can use in your (online) events where it's key to involve and engage everybody.
What will you learn during TBR™ and TBR-VE™ Class?
In this practical and interactive class, you will explore recent “neuroscience” approaches as it relates to human learning in virtual environments.
In this live and live virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how ALL humans learn. You’ll discover six specific neuroscience principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your (virtual) teaching and training. You’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for physical and virtual instruction and learning.
After your active participation in the class, you will be able to:
- Apply 6 neuroscience principles based on current research every time you deliver (virtual) training, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the group, or level of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery model for neuroscience-based instruction.
- Create (virtual) training sessions that combine your topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of (virtual) learning environments.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training, and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics.
- Become an active member of the TBR™ and TBR-VE™ Class Group and share your expertise in neuroscience-based instruction and learning.
The virtual training is divided into 5 sessions of 2.5 hours, taking place from 15.00 - 17.30 CET.
The virtual training days in May/June 2023:
- 15 May
- 19 May
- 24 May
- 30 May
- 2 June
The physical training will take place in Hilversum and Las Vegas (America) This training involves two full days. These dates are available:
- May 25-26 | English | Hilversum
- June 5-6 | English | Las Vegas (America)
TBR™ and TBR-VE™ trainer
Evelien Roos is a Certified Trainer for Training From the Back of the Room and is accredited by Sharon Bowman, the founder of Training From the Back of the Room. She has been part of the design team for the TBR™ Virtual Edition and is heavily involved in creating and improving the training. Evelien has a long history of teaching, going back to 20 years in teaching dance classes, and teaching for over 10 years in the Agile domain.
TBR™ and TBR-VE™ certification
Upon completion of the class and the assignments, you will receive a TBR™ or TBR-VE™ Class “Certificate of Completion” and will be invited to the TBR™ Class Group membership on Slack.
To receive a "TBR™ Class Certificate of Completion" you must:
- Attend all five 2.5-hour modules (a total of 12.5 hours of class time spaced over 2 1/2 - 3 weeks) and be an active participant during the live-streaming class time.
- Or, be an active participant during the 2-day physical training course.
- Do the "Warm-Ups" and "Follow-Ups" (pre/post-work) for each module. For the virtual edition, a total of about 6 hours of "homework" – reading, viewing, writing, creating, and responding. There will be about an hour of pre-work before the class begins, about an hour between each of the 5 modules, and about an hour of post-work.
- Be an active member of the TBR™ or TBR-VE™ Class Slack community site for the duration of the class. You will be supporting and encouraging the other class members and deepening your understanding of brain-based instruction.
Yes, I want to join the TBR™ or TBR-VE™ Virtual Edition
- After registering for TBR™ or TBR-VE™ Class training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information.
- You will receive the book Training From the Back of the Room by Sharon Bowman. You will use this book during the training.
- You will also receive the Participants Workbook, in which you can note down all your insights and collect all (virtual) tools you learn during the training.