Use neuroscience to take your training to the next level!
Training in an online environment and facilitating online events is something we encounter and experience more and more. But delivering training in the online environment is not just copy-pasting an original physical training to an online tool. It is so much more than that. In this training, you'll learn how to create a learning environment where learners process the information that they need to know in a brain-friendly, effective way.
The Training From the Back of the Room is perfect if...
...you are an (online) facilitator, trainer, or teacher and you want your students to learn in the best way possible. If you want to know how to maximize the learning, how to connect with participants and how to engage all learners in the training, how brain-based principles support the learning, and how to make the best use of all of this in a virtual environment.
Our Training From the Back of the Room (TBR) and Training From the Back of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE) will give you new insights that you can use in your (online) events where it's key to involve and engage everybody.
What will you learn during the TBR-VE?
In this practical and interactive live virtual class (LVC), you will explore recent “neuroscience” as it relates to human learning in virtual environments.
In this live and live virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how ALL humans learn. You’ll discover six specific neuroscience principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your virtual teaching and training. You’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
After your active participation in the class, you will be able to:
- Apply 6 neuroscience principles based on current research every time you deliver virtual training, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the group, or level of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery model for neuroscience-based instruction.
- Create virtual training sessions that combine your topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of virtual learning environments.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training, and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics.
- Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group and share your expertise in neuroscience-based instruction and learning.
The training is divided into 5 sessions of 2,5 hours and the upcoming courses have the following dates and times:
Training days July/August 2022: July 21, 25, 28 August, 1 and 4 from 15h - 17:30h CET.
Training days October 2022: 4, 7, 11, 14 and 18 October from 15h - 17:30h CET.
Evelien Roos is a Certified Trainer for Training From the Back of the Room and accredited by Sharon Bowman, the founder of Training From the Back of the Room (bowperson.com). She has been part of the design team for the TBR Virtual Edition and is heavily involved in creating and improving the training. Evelien has a long history of teaching, going back to 20 years in teaching dance classes, and teaching for over 10 years in the Agile domain.
TBR and TBR-VE Certification
Upon completion of the class and the assignments, you will receive a TBR or TBR-VE Class “Certificate of Completion” and will be invited to the TBR Class Group membership on Slack.
To receive a "TBR Class Certificate of Completion" you must:
- Attend all five 2.5 hour modules (a total of 12.5 hours of class time spaced over 2 1/2 - 3 weeks) and be an active participant during the live-streaming class time.
- Do the "Warm-Ups" and "Follow-Ups" (pre/post-work) for each module – a total of about 6 hours of "homework" – reading, viewing, writing, creating, and responding. There will be about an hour of pre-work before the class begins, about an hour between each of the 5 modules, and about an hour of post-work.
- Be an active member of the TBR or TBR-VE Class Slack community site for the duration of the class. You will be supporting and encouraging the other class members and deepening your understanding of brain-based instruction.
Yes, I want to join the TBR or TBR Virtual Edition
After registering for the TBR or TBR-VE training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. You will receive the book Training From the Back of the Room by Sharon Bowman. You will use this book during the training. You will also receive the Participants Workbook where you can note down all your insights and collect all virtual tools you learn during the training.