Apply neuroscience to take your training to the next level!
Making people understand and remember the right knowledge is the holy grail. With the In-person TBR Practitioner Class, also known as Training from the Back of the Room, you'll learn how to engage your audience and interpret body language.
In this training, you'll learn how to create a learning environment where learners process the information that they need to know in a brain-friendly, effective way.
The In-Person TBR Practitioner Class is perfect when...
...you are a Facilitator, Trainer, or Teacher, and you would like your students to learn in the best way possible.
During this in-person TBR Practitioner Class, you will learn:
- How to maximize learning.
- How to connect with participants and how to engage all learners in training.
- How brain-based principles support your learning.
What will you learn during the class?
In this practical and interactive class, you will explore recent teaching approaches as it relates to human learning in environments.
Get ready to explore those “cognitive neuroscience principles” that explain how ALL humans learn. You’ll discover six specific neuroscience principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your teaching and training. You’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for physical instruction and learning.
- Explore The Six Trumps™ – six powerful neuroscience principles based on how humans learn best.
- Apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others.
- Experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to design any class or training you facilitate.
- Create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
- Receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this class, as well as hard copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling book: Training From the BACK of the Room!
- May 25-26 | English | Hilversum, the Netherlands
- June 5-6 | English | Las Vegas, US
- July 10-11 | English | Hilversum, the Netherlands
Your In-Person TBR Practitioner Class trainer
Evelien Roos is a Certified Trainer for the In-Person TBR Practitioner Class - also known as Training From the Back of the Room - and is accredited by Sharon Bowman, the founder of Training From the Back of the Room. Evelien has also been part of the design team for the TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class.
Evelien has a long history of teaching, going back to 20 years in teaching dance classes, and teaching for well over ten years in the Agile domain.
Your In-person TBR Practitioner Class certification
Upon completion of the class and the assignments, you will receive an In-Person TBR Practitioner Class “Certificate of Completion” and will be invited to the TBR Class Group membership on Slack.
However, to receive a TBR Practitioner "Certificate of Completion", you must:
- Be an active participant during the 2-day physical training course.
- Be an active member of the TBR Class Group Slack community site for the duration of the class. You will be supporting and encouraging the other class members and deepening your understanding of brain-based instruction.
Yes, I want to join the In-Person TBR Practitioner Class!
- After registering for In-Person TBR Practitioner Class training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information.
- You will receive the book Training From the Back of the Room by Sharon Bowman. You will use this book during the training.
- You will also receive the Participants Workbook, in which you can note down all your insights and collect all (virtual) tools you learn during the training.
In-Person TBR Practitioner Class vs. TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class
We offer both the In-Person TBR Practitioner Class and the TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class. Let us explain some of the differences, or check a full comparison on the official TBR website (see below).
- The physical TBR Practitioner Class is in-person and takes 2 full days of 8 hours at our offices in Hilversum or Amsterdam. The TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class is online and consists of 5x2.5-hour sessions.
- The physical TBR course focuses on teaching in a face-to-face learning environment, while the Virtual Edition is about live-streaming, virtual learning environments.
- While the TBR Practitioner Class is geared toward trainers and teachers, the TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class is meant for a broader audience, like online facilitators and people giving online instructions.
For a full comparison of virtual and in-person TBR classes, click HERE. Find the full TBR Virtual Edition (TBR-VE™) Class HERE.