These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
Is Training from the Back of the Room right for me?
- Experienced scrum masters, product owners, agile coaches, team leads, consultants and trainers.
- This training course can only be booked by special invitation from someone from Xebia.
For an impression of the previous “Training from the Back of the Room” at Xebia you can click on this video.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by hundreds of Agile coaches and Scrum trainers around the world.
Leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s toolbag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs. You’ll also leave with a 100-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
Learning Outcomes for this training
After participating in this informative and interactive program, you will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based.
- Apply “The Six Trumps”– six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognize these six learning principles in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, elearning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction.
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning.
- Utilize a trainer’s toolbag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program.
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
What else should I know?
Materials Each Participant Will Receive:
- A copy of Sharon Bowman's best-selling book “Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn.”
- A copy of Sharon Bowman’s newest book “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
- A copy of the 100-page participant workbook “Learn It Fast and Make It Last.”
- A collection of “brain activating tools” – game prizes, training souvenirs, and learning aids – that can be used in the participant’s own training programs.
- A certificate of completion for a resume and suitable for framing.