During the three-day training, you will be able to build a distributed system which is resilient; you will observe its behavior and inject failures to prove your hypothesis. It will cover the theory behind Resilience and Chaos Engineering and you will implement the cornerstone concepts.
We will go from the Resilience Engineering Patterns with the use cases where it can improve the resilience of the system, using the 3 pillars from Observability to gain insights into the behavior of the system, ending with designing and implementing Chaos Engineering experiments. You will leave the training with enough hands-on experience to start reasoning and implementing Resilience Engineering, Observability and Chaos Engineering.
Is Resilience & Chaos Engineering training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a software developer with several years of programming experience
- Yes - if you are a software architect with several years of programming experience
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- What are the Resilience Engineering patterns
- When to use the Resilience Engineering patterns
- The role of Observability in software development
- Benefits of Chaos Engineering
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Implement Resilience Engineering patterns
- Observe the behavior of your system
- Design and implement Chaos Engineering experiments
You will develop the skills to:
- Design, model and implement quality software
- Create resilient systems
- Improve current systems
- Implement Chaos Engineering
- Design and implement metrics, traces and alarms
What else should I know?
- Programming experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
You need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Docker installed and configured
- Your preferred IDE