Become an AWS Champion!
This Cloud Technology training gives you all you need to grow from an AWS Intermediate to AWS Professional. Or, as we call it: an AWS Champion! Do you aspire a career as a Cloud Engineer, are you a Developer or Architect and do you want to prepare for the most important AWS exams? In these 3 days we will share high-level AWS knowledge and skills.
This Cloud Technology training is perfect for
This training is an Expert level training. This means that there are requirements for participation. We assume you have some knowledge of AWS services. For example, you have built a platform using EC2 and RDS. You are familiar with components such as IAM and VPC, but Machine Learning and Serverless working are still new to you. Have you read white papers like Well-Architected Framework and Introductions of all AWS Services? Have you passed the AWS Foundation exam? Then this training is the perfect next step!
- A self-assessment is available online, which you have to pass before you follow the training. It is important to do this first, otherwise you may not be able to keep up. We will contact you after your registration to ask for the result of this assessment. Don't forget to make it!
- Basic programming/scripting skills are required, e.g. JSON/YAML, Bash and/or Python.
- Do you want to learn more about AWS first? Check out our AWS Developer training at Professional level!
What will you learn during this AWS Champion training?
Before you start the training, you will have read the paper we have sent you so we can dive straight into AWS. During the training we will distribute 'labs'. You can work these on during the break, in the evening or after the training. We will show you short demos and work on multiple service exercises with the group. You will get to know mindmaps of important AWS services (80+) and experience a large set of hands-on labs. After the training you will be able to choose and design architectures using different domains.
You're going to work with:
- Cloud Landing Zone: setup a secure environment with IAM, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch and CloudFormation, where you can ‘land’ all type of workloads.
- Enterprise Migration: learn about connectivity between VPCs and on-premises, how to migrate data and services to the cloud using DMS, Snowball, Active Directory and many more tools.
- Develop and Deploy Applications: deploy developed applications in any programming language to AWS. Think of: Java, .NET, Python, NodeJS, Go, or using Docker technology, you learn to use services like Beanstalk, Opsworks, ECS, EKS.
- Big Data & Analytics: learn to use services like EMR, Redshift, Glue, Kinesis to build data-driven applications and data pipelines.
- Machine Learning: use Sagemaker, Machine Learning Service, and the Machine Learning APIs for speech-to-text and text-to-speech, image recognition, transcribe and translate services, and many more which are rapidly added.
- Serverless: use API gateway, Lambda functions and DynamoDB for the core of your API based web application. Other cloud-native services to develop and deploy applications, without worrying about servers.
- CloudFormation: a very short format to learn all the capabilities of a product. With just a few inline comments, we also explain the why and how.
What a typical training day looks like:
- 09:00 Introduction / Recap
- 09:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 10:30 Group Exercises
- 11:00 Focussed Learning on Services
- 12:00 Lunch & Self-paced learning
- 13:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 14:30 Self-paced Labs
- 15:30 Focussed Learning on Services
- 17:00 Group Exercises and Self-paced Labs
- 18:00 End of the Day
Cloud Technology Trainers
This Cloud Technology training is brought to you by our trainingspartner Binx.io. Binx.io develops Cloud-Based Solutions, trains and coaches teams, and provides Managed Cloud Services. Your trainer is a real Cloud guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you work with the latest tools.
Yes, I want become an AWS Champion
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Bring your own laptop and have Docker installed.
- Make sure you have a personal AWS-account with access to all services.
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included
- This training is taught by our trainingspartner Binx.io