Power BI in
14 December, 2023 – Virtual
Learn how to turn your data sources into immersive visuals using Microsoft Power BI. With this tool, you will easily connect to your data sources, discover relevant insights, and share them with your team. You’ll begin the training day with raw data and finish it with an interactive dashboard ready to be shared.
For this training course you need a Windows device. PowerBI is only available on Windows.
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
After the training, you will be able to
Extract, transform, and load data into Microsoft Power BI from various sources.
Transform and rearrange data with Power Query Editor.
Build and share effective dashboards with colleagues.
Loading Data with Power BI
- Extract, transform, and load data into Microsoft Power BI from various sources.
- Describe storage options using Microsoft Power BI when connecting to a database.
- Transform data in the Power Query Editor.
- Mash up data by integrating different sources.
Power BI essentials
- Set up relationships between tables.
- Create exploratory visualizations.
- Build an interactive dashboard.
- Share your dashboard with colleagues.
- Introduction to Microsoft Power BI and the Power Query Editor
- Hands-on: extracting, transforming, and loading data into the Power Query Editor
- Data modeling and visualization
- Hands-on: building a data model and creating a dashboard
- Hands-on: adding extra functionalities to your dashboards, like navigation and interaction, or building a dashboard based on your own data set
Who is it for?
This course is perfect if you want to start working with Power BI but are not sure where to begin.
You want to be the go-to person for making dashboards at your company.
You have a Windows device. PowerBI is only available on Windows.
We are all aware of the importance of data and the insights they can bring to our company. But very often, it is difficult to extract those insights and communicate them in an engaging way. Learning to use Power BI will allow you to uncover key information about your data and portray it in clear dashboards that will inform and delight your audience.
should I know?
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if you need to prepare.
See you soon!
All literature and course materials are included in the price.
After registering for this course, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information.
Meet the trainers
Lysanne van Beek
Also interesting for youView all trainings
This MLOps on Azure training is then a perfect next step if you’d like like to take your Machine Learning models further.
7 Feb, 2024
This course empowers you to develop scalable, performant LookML (Looker Modeling Language) models that provide your business users with the standardized, ready-to-use data they need to answer their questions. Upon completing this course, you will be able to start building and maintaining LookML models to curate and manage data in your organization’s Looker instance.
In this course, you learn how to do the kind of data exploration and analysis in Looker that would formerly be done primarily by SQL developers or analysts. Upon completing this course, you will be able to leverage Looker’s modern analytics platform to find and explore relevant content in your organization’s Looker instance, ask questions about your data, create new metrics as needed, and build and share visualizations and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Increase your PowerBI knowledge with DAX & Data Modeling. Get started now!
Learn how to extract insights, interpret seasonality and build forecasting models from time series data.
4 Mar, 2024