Azure Functions integrates seamlessly with a wide range of other Azure services. Azure Functions runs entirely managed in the cloud. In this one-day training you will learn how to organize delivery and monitoring properly.
The challenge in Azure Functions is to group the functions in different Function Apps (the deployable unit of functions in Azure) and to keep an overview of the deployments and monitoring of all these apps. It can also be difficult where you can introduce Azure Functions into your existing architecture. In this training you will learn in one day how to get started with Azure Functions right away.
In this one-day course everything about Azure Functions will be explained, such as function triggers and bindings, authentication, logging and how to link multiple functions through Function Chaining and Fan-Out/Fan-In patterns. The theory is made applicable with realistic use cases to create hands-on functions. You will learn how to develop and test your functions locally without going to the cloud. Then you learn how to roll out your Function App to the cloud with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code principles.
At the end of the day you will understand Azure Functions, be able to apply them and have Function Apps with different Azure services integrated and working in the cloud. The result helps you to make your architecture event-driven, making it more scalable and error tolerant.
Is the Azure Functions Masterclass training something for me?
- Yes – if you are a C#/.NET developer
- Yes – if you are an application manager who wants to know more about serverless services in Azure (development skills are an advantage)
- Yes – if you want to know more about Azure Functions. You don’t need any prior knowledge of Azure and event-driven architecture for this training.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- What Azure Functions are
- When you should and should not apply Azure functions in your architecture
- What Function Orchestration is and what its patterns are
- Which possibilities and restrictions Azure Functions has
- How best to group the functions in Function Apps and deploy them
You will gain experience in:
- Local development of Azure Functions in C#
- Local debugging and (unit) testing of functions
- Setting up Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CS) using AzureDevOps to roll out your features in the cloud
- How to create a serverless architecture based on multiple functions that work together
You will develop skills to:
- Serverless & event-driven concepts to introduce into your existing architecture
- Build new features faster
- Be productive quickly with the serverless services within Azure
- Apply function orchestration to create complex workflows
- Good monitoring/logging to apply in the Funtion Apps
What else should I know?
- You have one year of experience in C# or .NET
You need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- .NET Core SDK 2.2.101
- Visual Studio 2017
- Azure Workload
- Azure Functions & Webjobs Tools extension
- It is recommended to have an Azure Subscription, but not required. If you don’t have it, you can use a Trial Subscription to get started