Kotlin Advanced Developer
7 March, 2024 – Hilversum, The Netherlands
This training gets your existing Kotlin skills to the next level in only two days. You will learn all advanced Kotlin features in-depth that enable you to unleash Kotlin’s true potential. Based on a combination of theory, live coding, and hands-on exercises you will get a Kotlin expert in no time!
09:00 – 17:00
What will you learn?
During the Kotlin Professional Developer training, you will learn:
You will learn all the functional programming features Kotlin offers, how to use them as generic building blocks (higher-order functions) and as a means to scope your code for extra conciseness and readability.
Get to know how Kotlin helps you designing slick Domain Specific Languages (DSL’s) using various Kotlin features like operators, Extensions, Type-Safe builders and ContextReceivers.
You will learn how to use Kotlin in an idiomatic way making use of immutability, expression-oriented, and scoped constructs so that you can unleash Kotlin’s true power
The last part will be dedicated to Kotlin’s mind-rocking concurrency features Coroutines. You will get to know their benefits and how they work under the hood so that you can write and test concurrent/parallel code in a snap.
Learn how to use advanced language features like Delegates, advanced Generics, ContextReceivers and where to apply them best
- Get to know the advanced Kotlin language features in-depth
- Unleash Kotlin’s full potential and advanced use-cases
- Learn how to master concurrency with Kotlin Coroutines effectively
- Get to know the concepts behind those features so you understand their goal and when to apply them best
- Learn how to leverage advanced Kotlin in your current applications
- Functional Programming in Kotlin
- Advanced Generics
- Delegation and multiple-inheritance-like constructs
- DSL’s and Type-Safe builders
- Discover the power of Idiomatic Kotlin
Who is it for?
This course is for every developer or architect who wants to:
- take the leap with his/her Kotlin skills
- get experienced with all the advanced features Kotlin offers and when to apply them best
- know how to apply Kotlin in an idiomatic way
- fully master concurrency with Kotlin’s Coroutines
- gain the foundation to help other Kotlin developers to make their next step
At least half a year of Kotlin experience
Why should I follow this training?
Learn how to unleash Kotlin’s full potential with advanced constructs
Master advanced concurrency use case and streaming with Kotlin Coroutines
Be taught be JetBrains certified Kotlin cracks, who coach Kotlin teams and contribute to open source regularly
What does it look like?
should I know?
The course contains theoretical sections, and many practical exercises so be sure to prepare your environment beforehand so that we can get the most out of our time. If you’re already familiar with Kotlin, be sure to prepare and bring all your questions beforehand so that we can resolve all your doubts and questions.
The training is taught by Certified Kotlin trainers that use Kotlin daily, contribute to open source and coach teams in how to get the most out of Kotlin
Bring plenty of energy and motivation to level up your Kotlin skills
You need to bring your own laptop to this training
Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered.
Meet the trainers
Urs Peter is a well-known Kotlin trainer and thought leader. Learn more!
Also interesting for youView all training courses
Follow the Infrastructure as Code – Terraform Advanced training and learn about up-to-date tooling available for Terraform.
5 – 6 Dec, 2023
The Product Backlog is an emergent, ordered list of what is needed to improve the product. It is the single source of work undertaken by the Scrum Team.
Learn how to work effectively with GitHub Actions in our Certified GitHub Actions training!
Dip your toes into every area of functionality GitHub has to offer and be prepared to take the GitHub Foundations certification.