Become insanely productive!
Our Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) training allows you to deepen your knowledge of Scrum and Kanban, expand your skills, and benefit from both worlds. Your Scrum-based focus remains on the process and the way your team collaborates. At the same time, Kanban's transparent visualization methods help make better predictions with less effort, for both your team and your stakeholders. Kanban's Flow metrics can enhance the way you coach your team to uncover better ways to collaborate within the Scrum framework. The metrics provide an excellent alternative for Velocity and Story points.
The PSK training is perfect for
PSK is perfect for you if you use Scrum to deliver products to market. Are you a Scrum Master aspiring to improve performance with flow techniques? A Product Owner exploring the use of data to manage stakeholder expectations? A Developer in need of reliable estimates, or a Kanban Practitioner looking for a better understanding of Scrum? This training will help you!
PSK is a Professional level training, which means there are requirements for participation. You have sufficient Scrum knowledge or at least one year of practical experience with Scrum. Scrum.org offers an open assessment entry test that allows you to assess your current knowledge of Scrum as well as Scrum with Kanban before registering.
What will you learn during the Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) training?
The 2-day training program consists of a mix of theory, case studies, and hands-on experience that will help you understand the importance of transparency and flow. The theoretical part of the course creates a solid foundation for learning how to integrate Kanban in a variety of Scrum practices. Its practical orientation ensures that you will be able to apply Kanban's visualization methods more effectively. The training covers various aspects of working with Scrum and Kanban, like understanding and applying the Scrum framework, developing self-organizing teams, product management, and Kanban's theory, principles, and practices.
You will learn:
- How flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Kanban practices your Scrum Team can adopt to help improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- How to use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum.
- The value Kanban adds to Scrum's focus on the process.
- How Kanban lets you track Product Backlog items through the various stages of delivery.
- How to analyze and visualize your workflow on a Kanban board.
- Ways to use dataflow metrics for optimizing the Scrum process and team collaboration.
- How to make better forecasts with less effort.
- The skills to increase transparency, visibility, and improve team performance.
Your trainers are Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) Jesse Houwing and Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Pieter Rijken. They are gurus in their field, who will provide a well-balanced mix of practical know-how from the worlds of Scrum and Kanban. They are happy to share their experiences, for you to better understand the PSK learning objectives stated by Scrum.org. The perfect way to prepare for your PSK exam!
The PSK exam, plus one retake, and Scrum.org certificate are included in the training. The exam is taken online at your moment of choice. Please note, only if you take the exam within two weeks of completing the training will you receive a free second chance. After passing the PSK exam (>85% of the questions answered right), you will:
- Receive a Scrum.org Professional Scrum with Kanban certificate.
- Become a lifelong member of the Scrum.org community.
- Be included in the global PSK credential holders database.
Professional Scrum / Kanban Learning Journey
Xebia Academy offers extensive opportunities to learn more about Scrum as well as Kanban. Wherever you are on your journey and whatever your future ambitions may be, we've got your back. Explore Scrum during the Scrum Foundation, PSM training or become familiar with Kanban by taking part in our Kanban Foundation training. If you want to learn more about Kanban, our Kanban System Design or Kanban Systems Improvement courses are a good option! Go ahead and create your Learning Journey or contact one of our training advisors to discuss your professional development.
Yes, I want to learn more about Scrum and Kanban!
After registering for the PSK training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- The Scrum.org PSK exam is included in the price of the training.
- All literature and a nice lunch are included too.
- Travel & Accomodation is not included.
- Prepare like a pro! Read the Scrum Guide and the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams.