Reactive Spring Boot with Kotlin Coroutines training
This training course will let you master Kotlin’s Coroutines features and combine them with Reactive Spring Boot. By doing so, you will unleash Kotlin’s tremendous concurrency potential with Spring Boot, which gives you the best of both worlds: reactive application behavior without complexity. Based on a combination of theory, live coding, and hands-on exercises, you will get a Kotlin concurrency expert with the Spring Boot framework in no time!
What will you learn?
You will learn all the functional programming features Kotlin offers, how to use them as generic building blocks (higher-order functions) and as a means to scope your code for extra conciseness and readability.
You will learn how to use Kotlin in an idiomatic way making use of immutability, expression-oriented, and scoped constructs so that you can unleash Kotlin’s true power.
Learn how to use advanced language features like Delegates, advanced Generics, ContextReceivers and where to apply them best
Get to know how Kotlin helps you designing slick Domain Specific Languages (DSL’s) using various Kotlin features like operators, Extensions, Type-Safe builders and ContextReceivers.
The last part will be dedicated to Kotlin’s mind-rocking concurrency features Coroutines. You will get to know their benefits and how they work under the hood so that you can write and test concurrent/parallel code in a snap.
- Learn how to master concurrency with Kotlin Coroutines effectively
- Learn the (tremendous) benefits and simplicity of Coroutines over reactive programming with abstractions like Futures, Monos etc.
- Master communication between asynchronous processes and reactive Streams
- Get to know how to considerably reduce complexity by combining Coroutines on top of reactive Spring Boot
- Learn how to write resilient, highly performant and concurrent real-world applications with reactive Spring Boot and Coroutines
- Coroutines Introduction
- Testing Coroutines
- Coroutines Interoperability
- Coroutines Cancellation and Exception handling
Who is it for?
This course is for every developer or architect who wants to:
- fully master concurrency with Kotlin’s Coroutines
- considerably reduce complexity for reactive Spring Boot applications
- get in-depth knowledge about concurrent application development with minimal complexity
- gain the foundation to help other Kotlin developers to make their next step with (reactive) Spring Boot and Kotlin
- take a leap with his/her Kotlin skills
At least half a year of Kotlin experience
Experience with the Spring Boot framework
Why should I follow this training?
Become an expert in concurrency
Master advanced concurrency use case and streaming with Kotlin Coroutines
Master Spring Boot
Learn how to use reactive Spring Boot without the tremendous complexity imposed when used without Coroutines
Take Kotlin to the next step
Take the next step with Kotlin to broaden your Kotlin experience significantly and be taught be JetBrains certified Kotlin cracks, who coach Kotlin teams and contribute to open source regularly
What else should I know?
The course contains theoretical sections, and many practical exercises so be sure to prepare your environment beforehand so that we can get the most out of our time. If you’re already familiar with Kotlin, be sure to prepare and bring all your questions beforehand so that we can resolve all your doubts and questions.
The training is taught by Certified Kotlin trainers that use Kotlin daily, contribute to open source and coach teams in how to get the most out of Kotlin
You need to bring your own laptop to this training
Installation of Kotlin environment for practical sections
Bring plenty of energy and motivation to level up your Kotlin skills
Meet the trainers
Urs Peter is a well-known Kotlin trainer and thought leader. Learn more!
Upcoming coursesView all trainings
Follow the Infrastructure as Code – Terraform Advanced training and learn about up-to-date tooling available for Terraform.
5 – 6 Dec, 2023
Replace the wrong assumptions with the right questions. Get started with Design Thinking Foundation training.
Level up your developer skills with our React Foundation training. Get to know the basics of this popular library in just one day.
Learn SBE with Gojko Adzic. Turn user stories into acceptance tests in this 2-day workshop. Perfect for Agile teams. Enroll now!
Improve collaboration between business and IT with our Domain-Driven Design (DDD) Foundation training.