It is not about testing
Contrary to popular belief, Test-Driven Development is not about testing. Test-Driven Development is a way of working that stimulates you to think about the design and behavior of your code before you implement it. It incorporates early feedback and refactoring to give you the confidence that what you write works, and works well.
Why should I care?
- I want to write better software faster
- I want to be confident about code changes
- I feel I’m firefighting defects all the time
- I have a hard time writing tests for my codebase
- I want higher quality work in my team
What will I learn?
- Apply TDD to drive the design of my applications
- Refactor effectively with confidence
- Avoid common pitfalls when using TDD
- Fight scope creep by only writing what you need
- Adopt TDD in an existing codebase
- Confidence and fear
- Simple rules to practice TDD
- TDD cycle – Red, green, refactor
- Motivation behind TDD
- Writing your first test cycle
- What makes good code (loosely coupled, highly cohesive)
- What to test and what not to test
- Red bar patterns
- Green bar patterns
- Testing patterns
- Mocks, stubs, and fixtures
- How TDD relates to BDD, ATDD, XP
- Different ‘schools’ of TDD
- Switching to TDD halfway
Our trainers are skilled Software Engineers and Consultants. They are passionate TDD practitioners with an extensive amount of experience. They are eager to share and teach you how to step up your game with TDD.
Yes, I want to supercharge my developer skills
After registration you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will ask you about your dietary requirements. If preparation is desired, you will currently also receive the literature by e-mail. See you soon!
What else do I need to know?
- Study material and a delicious lunch are included in the price of the training
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included
- This training is in Dutch or English
- This is a hands-on training. You will need a laptop with an IDE installed. Pick your favorite language for the exercises.