Your first 30 days
Your actions now affect the output of your whole team, and good performance can now significantly boost your whole organization’s output. But getting started can seem daunting when you don’t have experience to guide you. Which activities will leverage your team’s skills effectively and help them achieve their goals? And just how are you supposed to know what those goals are anyway?
This training is perfect for
- Recently appointed tech leads, lead programmers, and similar team leads.
- Individual contributors (developers, product managers, data engineers, system admins, or similar) with an interest in becoming managers and developing the behaviours that make an effective leader.
- Experienced managers who want to help new managers grow and succeed as leaders.
What will you learn during this Agile Management training?
In this practical, step-by-step course, experts Douglas Squirrel and Jeffrey Fredrick teach you the skills you need to set targets, build relationships, and give feedback to unlock your team’s potential, using the Toyota Improvement Kata as a framework: First, decide on a vision. Next, grasp the current condition. Then, define the next target condition. Finally, iterate toward your target condition, clearing obstacles as you go. You'll leave with a detailed, personalized action plan to guide you through your first month of management.
- Goal setting the Toyota Kata way
- Learning about your team through one-on-ones
- Guiding your team with effective feedback
- Influencing others
- High-leverage activities and joint design
Douglas Squirrel and Jeffrey Fredrick, software leaders and executive consultants, are known for their book “Agile Conversations". This book is about the Five Conversations to help teams build trust, alleviate fear, build a compelling “why,” make commitments, and be accountable. These five conversations give teams everything they need to reach peak performance, and they are exactly what’s missing from too many teams today.
Yes, I want to survive the first 30 days as a manager
After registering for this Your First 30 Days as an Agile Manager you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will share more information and if preparation is required. See you soon!