Start creating Data models!
The cornerstone of every Power BI dashboard is its data model. Designing and developing the table structure of a model is vital in making life as easy as possible when it comes to writing DAX and creating visualizations. A good data model also enables quick browsing of all the data in the model by providing a compact, well-structured overview. During this training, you will learn the main concepts of Data Modeling and how to apply this knowledge in Power BI. This enables you to create models that are efficient, transparent and robust.
This training is perfect for
Professionals who have experience with Power BI and want to use it to build data models. Participants need to have sufficient knowledge of Power BI, either through hands-on experience with the tool or by following GoDataDriven’s Power BI In-a-Day training.
What will you learn during the Data Modeling training?
After this training you will know the main concepts of Data Modeling and how to apply this knowledge to Power BI. You will be able to create models that are efficient, transparent, and robust, adding more power and efficiency to your dashboards.
The program consists of four blocks, that combine theory and hands-on exercises.
- Introduction into data modeling with Star Schema
- Creating relationships between tables
- Fact tables and dimension tables
- Managing tables with varying granularity
You will learn:
- The value of a good data model
- How to use the Power Query editor to prepare data for a Star Schema
- How to create relationships between tables to create a Star Schema
- How to differentiate between fact and dimension tables
- The do’s and don’ts of bidirectional filtering
- How to distinguish between different categories of fact tables
- How to model data when the granularity of the tables varies
- How to manage many relationships
- How to avoid overcomplicated DAX
- How to enable simple data exploration and dashboard creation
Data Engineering Trainers
This Data Engineering training is brought to you by our training partner, GoDataDriven. GoDataDriven works with experts in their field who are always on the lookout for the most innovative ways to get the most out of data. Your trainer is a data guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you work with the latest tools.
Data Engineering Learning Journey
In addition to this Data Modeling training, Xebia Academy offers more Data Engineering courses together with GoDataDriven. Find an overview of these training courses here.
Yes, I want to know more about Data Modeling!
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- The training requires a laptop and Power BI. Power BI is available for free.
- This training is brought to you by our training partner, GoDataDriven.
- Literature and a nice lunch are included in the price.
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included.