What you'll learn
Storytelling with Data
- How to use key plotting libraries in Python such as matplotlib, seaborn and altair
- The best practices when it comes to data visualization
- How to identify and include key information to get the right message across
- The difference between functional graphs, opinions and data storytelling
The 2-day program consists of both theory and hands-on exercises.
- What is data storytelling
- Why is data storytelling an important skill today?
Python for visualization
- How to use Python libraries matplotlib, seaborn and altair
- How to make simple visualizations
- How to add to your visualizations to share more information
- The benefits of different plotting libraries and when to use each one
Visualization best practices
- Choosing the right graph for your use case
- Information design best practices
- Labelling visualizations for impact
- Impactful colour palettes
Apply storytelling to your graph
- How to use meaningful narratives
- Objective vs Subjective graphs
- How to make neutral graphs
- The difference between storytelling and opinion
Data Science Trainers
This Data Science training is brought to you by our training partner GoDataDriven. GoDataDriven works with experts in their field who are always on the lookout for the most innovative ways to get the most out of data. Your trainer is a data guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you work with the latest tools.
Data Science Learning Journey
Your Data Science Learning Journey starts with the basics, like the Python for Data Analysts or Certified Data Science with Python Foundation courses. Continue your journey with this Data Visualization & Storytelling course and afterwards take a look at the A/B Testing and Experiments or Practical Time Series Analysis and Forecasting courses. If you want to proceed to Expert level, continue to a more Advanced Data Science with Python level or learn how to do Data Science at scale during Data Science with Spark.
Yes, I want to visualize my Data Science projects!
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Virtual or in-person training: This training can be delivered both in-person or online. When hosting the in-person training, we provide lunch, snacks and drinks to the participants. Accordingly there is a discount for virtual trainings.
- This training requires a laptop. The hands-on labs are run in an online environment, eliminating the need to install software.
- This course is brought to you by our training partner GoDataDriven.
- Literature and a delicious lunch are included in the price.
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included.