As a SAFe Release Train Engineer, you will take care of the streamlined collaboration with stakeholders and a good overview of ongoing processes in an Agile transformation. With Agile Release Trains (ARTs), you facilitate reliable, scalable end-to-end value delivery. This, combined with professional RTE Leadership, ensures the optimal Lean-Agile mindset, which makes every Agile organizational change run smoothly.
Become a Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer!
This training will teach you all about your role as a professional RTE and the associated responsibilities and tasks within a SAFe organization. How do you set up an efficiently functioning ART? How to facilitate value streams? How do you coach your Team and ensure adequate Program Increment (PI) planning? You will learn all this here. With this training, you will become a truly professional RTE!
This training is perfect for...
Are you a Release or Solution Train Engineer, Product Owner/Manager, Agile Consultant/Coach or System Architect involved in the implementation of SAFe and the Agile transformation of your organization? Do you want to improve your RTE knowledge and Scrum and/or Scaled Agile leadership and make it 'state of the ART'? Then this training is perfect for you!
What will you learn during this SAFe RTE training?
During this three-day training, you will learn, among other things:
- All about ART leadership, coaching and working (remotely) with distributed Teams.
- How to set up and organize a high-quality ART, as well as how to create the right environment for it.
- How to set up and run PI Planning and other SAFe events.
- How to smoothly implement and continuously improve changes, programs, and scaling in a SAFe enterprise
- How to realize and optimize value streams by applying Lean-Agile knowledge and tools.
The SAFe RTE training course includes the following topics:
- The role and responsibilities of an RTE.
- Application of the SAFe Principles, Lean-Agile knowledge, and tools for value creation.
- Establish and set up a high-performance ART.
- Program Increment (PI) events: preparation, planning and execution.
- Taking care of continuous improvement and optimization.
- Servant Leadership: in service of the ART.
- Self-development: an action plan for your continued Learning Journey.
SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification
This training will fully prepare you for the certification exam. To qualify for taking the exam, attendance on all training days is mandatory. After training, you will receive a certificate of participation. If you pass the exam, you will receive the Scaled Agile Academy certificate: Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer. Xebia Academy is a Gold Partner of Scaled Agile Inc.
SAFe Learning Journey
Xebia's SAFe training curriculum includes many certification courses, each tailored to the specific roles in an Agile organization. Training courses that will boost your career as a Scaled Agile professional include:
- Certified Leading SAFe (SA)
- Certified SAFe Scrum Master (SAFe SSM) & SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Certified SAFe for Teams (SP)
- Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (PO/PM)
- Certified SAFe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Certified SAFe DevOps (SDP)
Yes, I want to become Certified SAFe RTE!
Then this training is perfect for you. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all the practical information. We look forward to seeing your registration!
Recommendations for taking this training course:
There are no hard requirements for this training, but it is certainly to your advantage if you:
- Have been part of at least one ART and PI.
- Have obtained at least one recent SAFe certification (Leading SAFe, SAFe PO/PM, SAFe SP).
In addition, for this SAFe RTE training, you have a very good foundation if you have completed the Certified Leading SAFe training course.
What else do I need to know?
- Taking the Certified SAFe RTE exam (one time only) is included in the price of the training. You will take the exam online within 30 days after the last day of training. You can retake it as often as you like for a fixed price of €50.
- If you pass, you will receive the corresponding Scaled Agile Inc. SAFe RTE certificate.
- Also included: all study materials and each course day a delicious lunch!
- Upon successful completion and certification, you will receive one year of access to the RTE Community of Practice and the Scaled Agile Academy's SAFe Community Platform.
- The training is given in English. If desired, we can give this course in Dutch, in the form of in-company training.
- Travel and accommodation costs, if any, are at your own expense.