Strong product owners and product managers, real difference makers, people who leave their mark on the products they deliver, intentionally influence those around them. These leaders do things differently: they do not only set goals but inspire and enable others. They guide organizations to sustainable success by shifting their focus from building a product to maximizing product value, creating a sense of purpose that binds their teams together.
This dynamic, one-day training focuses on the concepts of a winning strategy, creating and maintaining relationships, purpose and goal setting, communication, and ownership.
“Leaders must own everything in their world. There is no one else to blame.” – Jocko Willink
Is Leadership for Product Managers training right for me?
- Yes – if you are a (chief) product owner.
- Yes – if you are a product manager.
- Yes – if you want to achieve mastery in either of these roles with advanced techniques and insight into managing stakeholders, leading teams, dealing with difficult people, and garnering unwavering support for your decisions.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn...
- How to lead yourself (Personal Leadership).
- How to lead through your product (Product Leadership).
- How to lead your environment (People Leadership).
You will gain hands-on experience in...
- How you can add value to the development team, your organization, and your product.
- How to adopt the most effective leadership style for your product and organization.
- How to build and maintain relationships.
- How to align stakeholders and the development team through shared goals.
- Working with people who are not doing what you'd like.
- Saying NO.
- Communication skills.
You will develop the skills to:
- Skillfully resolve conflicts with powerful stakeholders.
- Understand others’ emotions, interests, and unmet needs.
- Communicate more effectively so people follow your lead.
- Create an inspiring vision.
- Use different styles for different approaches.
Product Owner Learning Journey
The Learning Journey of a Product Owner starts with learning the basics on the job or during our Product Owner Foundation training. The next step is the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training on our Professional level.
Want to become an expert? At least one year of practice gets you into our Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) training.
What else should I know?
- Training in Scrum product owner role.
- Professional experience as a product owner or product manager.
Participants will receive:
- A digital course slides booklet (after the training).