Strong product owners, real difference makers, people who leave their mark on the world of business, intentionally influence those around them. These leaders do things differently: they not only set goals but inspire and enable others. They guide organizations to sustainable success by shifting their focus from "doing" agile to "being” agile, creating a sense of purpose that binds their teams together.
This dynamic, one-day training focuses on the concepts of purpose, overcoming resistance, efficiency, communication and the difference between intent and behavior. These principles are at the core of Eastern martial arts philosophy and can be directly applied to modern agile business.
“To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.” – Bruce Lee
Is Leadership for Product Managers training right for me?
- Yes – if you are a (chief) product owner.
- Yes – if you are a product manager.
- Yes - if you want to achieve mastery in either of these roles with advanced techniques and insight into managing stakeholders, leading teams, dealing with difficult people and garnering unwavering support for your decisions.
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Your purpose as a product leader
- How you can add value to the development team, your organization and product
- How to adopt the most effective leadership style for your product and organization
- How to use your preferential leadership style
- The importance of stance, balance, leverage, courage and focus in Aikido and Judo, as applied to product leadership
- How to align stakeholders and the development team through shared goals
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with people who are not doing what you want
- Convincing people who function differently than you
- Saying NO
You will develop the skills to:
- Skillfully resolve conflicts with powerful stakeholders
- Understand others’ emotions, interests, and unmet needs
- Communicate more effectively so people follow your lead
- Create an inspiring vision
- Use different styles for different approaches
Product Owner Learning Journey
The Learning Journey of a Product Owner starts with learning the basics on the job or during our Product Owner Foundation training. The next step is the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training on professional level. Want to become an expert? One year of practice gets you into our Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) training. Do you dream of becoming a Product Leader? Continue your journey with our Leadership for Product Managers training.
What else should I know?
- Training in Scrum product owner role
- Professional experience as a product owner or product manager
Participants will receive:
- A copy of the book "The Product Samurai: A Product Manager’s Guide to Continuous Innovation"* (we only deliver the book within the EU)
- A digital course slides booklet*
- Course action plan*
* Printed material only available in English.