Over the course of two-days, you'll build a sample application, step-by-step, then expose the Actor-based application to the web using Akka HTTP. You'll learn the most important Scala features used in these frameworks, best practices, and advanced possibilities, with a strong emphasis on testing.
"Good and useful. Hands-on really helped to understand concepts." - Infosys
Is the Akka Foundation training course right for me?
- Yes - if you are a mid-level/senior developer or hands-on architect
- Yes - if you want to learn how to build web-based reactive applications using Akka and Akka HTTP
- Yes - if you have basis knowledge of Scala
What will I achieve by completing this training course?
You will learn:
- The architectural foundation used to build reactive systems
- The principles of Actor-based concurrency
- What the core building blocks Akka and Akka HTTP offer
- The most important advanced Scala features used in Akka and Akka HTTP
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Using the core features Akka offers: Actor Basics, Testing Actors, Resilience, Configuration, Extensions, Scheduling, Event Stream, Logging, State Machines
- Writing REST APIs and web frontends with Akka HTTP by mastering: Akka HTTP Routing DSL, Testing Routes, Directives, Marshalling/Unmarshalling, Integration with Akka
- Applying the advanced Scala features applied in Akka and Akka HTTP: Partial Functions, Implicit Conversions, Futures and Promises
You will develop the skills to:
- Confidently write production applications with Akka and Akka HTTP
- Test Actor-based code
- Design asynchronous, non-blocking and event-driven systems and which best practices to apply
- Expose Actor-based applications to the web using Akka HTTP
What else should I know?
- Basic knowledge of Scala is required