Just like the Agile Manifesto was a shock 10 years ago, the MoreAgile Manifesto creates some shock effects now. Responsibility is scary, Business value is undefined, partnership feels impossible and change is kind of accepted but not loved.
- Over the next coming years expert professionals will become very rare, so employers will have to make the difference by creating the best possible workplace. Part of this will be that responsibility embraces empowerment and that the freedom that comes with this will be the only thing wanted by this professionals.
- Business Value is already important today, however difficult to measure. The Lean and SixSigma movements are creating a setting where not measuring value is not done. This expertise will be the a good basis to use as a logical measurement tool for success in software delivery.
- Endusers are rapidly maturing into strong groups with an opinion that matters. Social media will help them to raise their voice. Service companies and software suppliers will have no other option but to deliver services in partnership to catch up with the high demands from the market.
- The speed of change will go up for another couple of decades. Sprints of 2 weeks are far to long, waiting to see something in production that is already finished will no longer be accepted. Just responding to change will simply not be enough. We have to love change.
- responsibility embraces empowerment and the freedom that comes with this will be the only thing wanted by professionals.
- not measuring value is not done. Insight in delivered business value is a logical instrument for measuring success in software delivery.
- partnership is the only option to answer the the high demands of endusers with an opinion that matters.
- change is normal, and we love it!