Recently, I helped a customer migrate their existing v3 reCAPTCHA keys from free to Enterprise version. This was a relatively simple process, but there were a few things that I needed to keep in mind in order to make the migration as smooth as possible.
In order to help you do the same, I listed down the steps I took.
- To have a clear separation of the costs incurred, I created a new project in the customer’s Google Cloud Console.
- I linked this new project to the billing account.
- I was then able to enable reCAPTCHA Enterprise within the Marketplace. The current keys were automatically discovered by the service. The customer was able to successfully update their existing v3 reCAPTCHA keys to the Enterprise version without any problems. They were very happy with the results and thanked me for my help.
Here are a few tips that I would recommend to anyone who is considering migrating their existing reCAPTCHA keys to the Enterprise version:
- Before starting the migration process, make sure that you have a backup of your existing reCAPTCHA keys.
- Follow the instructions provided by Google carefully.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our support desk.
Migrating your existing reCAPTCHA keys to the Enterprise version can be a great way to improve the security of your website or application! Read more here.
I hope this article has been helpful for you to do the same.
In addition to the tips above, I would also recommend the following:
- Consider the features that are available in the Enterprise version of reCAPTCHA and make sure that they are a good fit for your needs.
- Be aware of the costs associated with the Enterprise version of reCAPTCHA.
- Make sure that you have the resources available to manage the Enterprise version of reCAPTCHA.
reCAPTCHA is a widely used free technology developed by Google to protect websites from spam and automated abuse. It is designed to distinguish between human and bot traffic, ensuring that only genuine users can access certain features or content on a website. reCAPTCHA accomplishes this through various challenges, such as solving puzzles or clicking checkboxes, that users must complete to prove their human identity.
Questions about this process or other workplace related issues? Reach out and we’ll be in touch!