The basics of Kubernetes on the Google Cloud Platform
This 1-day Foundation level training teaches you to containerize workloads in Docker containers, deploy them to Kubernetes clusters provided by Google Kubernetes Engine, and scale those workloads to handle increased traffic. You will also learn how to continuously deploy new code in a Kubernetes cluster to provide application updates.
This Google Kubernetes Engine training is perfect for
The training is perfect for Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers and IT managers using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform. To get the most out of the training, experience with the following is recommended: Command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server, deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
What will you learn during this training?
The training offers a combination of presentations and hands-on labs. After the training you will understand container basics and the Kubernetes concepts and principles. You will know how to containerize an existing application, deploy apps to Kubernetes with CLI and create Continuous Delivery pipelines using Spinnaker and/or Jenkins.
Introduction to Containers and Docker
- Create a container.
- Package a container using Docker.
- Store a container image in Google Container Registry.
- Launch a Docker container.
- Provision a complete Kubernetes cluster using Kubernetes Engine.
- Deploy and manage Docker containers using kubectl.
- Break an application into microservices using Kubernetes’ Deployments and Services.
Deploying to Kubernetes
- Create a Kubernetes deployment.
- Trigger, pause, resume, and rollback updates.
- Understand and build canary deployments.
Creating a Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Provision Spinnaker or Jenkins in your Kubernetes cluster.
- Manage application code in a source repository that can trigger code changes to a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Create a continuous delivery pipeline and start it manually or automatically with a code change.
- Implement a canary deployment that hosts two versions of your application in production for release testing.
This Cloud Technology training is brought to you by Binx.io. Binx.io develops Cloud-Based Solutions, trains and coaches teams, and provides Managed Cloud Services. Binx.io is Google Cloud Authorized Training Partner, and your trainer is a real Cloud guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you get the most out of GCP.
Our Google Cloud Platform training courses all follow the curriculum drawn up by Google. The Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine training teaches you the essentials of containerization on GCP. This training does not prepare you for a Google exam. Additional study is required to obtain Google's Professional Cloud Developer certificate.
Google Cloud Platform Learning Journey
Your GCP Learning Journey starts with a Foundation level training. Once you have the basics in place, you can select the Certified Google Cloud Platform track that best fits your professional ambitions. Choose between the Cloud Architect, Cloud Developer, Data Engineer, Network Engineer or Security Engineer track. This Google Kubernetes Engine training kicks off your journey of becoming a Professional Cloud Developer.
Yes, I want to get started with GCP.
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Literature and a delicious lunch are included in the price of the training.
- This training does not include an exam or certificate.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
- You need to bring your laptop to this training.