We can talk about how to improve collaboration of front-end engineers across team. How to maintain a consistent look and feel across teams. We can discuss best practices to write high quality front-ends. We can talk about the tradeoffs of different frameworks or libraries like: React, Angular, Vue or Polymer.
Next to Q and A there will also be other forms to share knowledge. We can do hands-on coding, look at live coding and do group discussions.
Is Front-end Development - Ask me Anything training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a front-end developer
- Yes - if you are a software architect
- Yes - if you want to make informed decisions for your new front-end project
- Yes - if you want to verify your current front-end development approach
- Yes - if you want your front-end to represent your brand
- Yes - if you want to learn to scale your front-end development efforts across teams
- Yes - if you want pro tips from experienced front-end engineers
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Differences of various front-end libraries / framework
- Different approaches to state management
- The tradeoffs between clientside, serverside and static rendering
- Different approaches to client/server communication
- How to write quality front-end code
- Scaling development across teams while maintaining brand identity
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- One or more front-end libraries / frameworks you are interested in
- Code quality tooling
- Data fetching approaches
You will develop the skills to:
- Decide how to approach front-end development for new projects
- Evaluate whether your current approach is on the right track
- Determine what gaps in knowledge your company has
What else should I know?
- You are going to be developing front-ends for use in production
- Have some experience developing for the web
You need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Laptop running MacOS, Windows or Linux
- The current LTS version of NodeJS installed