Use our sam-eventbridge-project cookiecutter project. Get an event driven project up and running in a few steps. On the 3rd of October the AWS Community Day NL was held in Amersfoort. I gave a talk about CodeCommit and how you could use events to make your life easier.
The "hidden" message of the presentation was that you need to find a trigger. This trigger could be an event send to EventBridge.
Most of the times when I start something new. I copy an other project and then change it to my likings. After I gave my presentation at the Community Day. I realized that that was a "problem"! So, I automated the wanted result.
Now, when I want to start a new project I execute: (as a trigger)
Cookiecutter will then create the project structure for me. It contains the following things:
- AWS SAM, used to build and deploy the CloudFormation stack.
- Sample implementation of a
- Unit tests, validates the sample implementation.
- Linting and formatting, keeps your code clean and follows style guides.
- Complexity scanning, prevents your code to become to complex.
- Makefile to simplify the usage of the project.
By using the sam-eventbridge-project cookiecutter project you will speedup your event driven projects!
Read speedup python cli projects to learn more…
Photo by Pixabay