When you move to the cloud, so much requires your attention, and availability, reliability, and security are often a priority. But at what cost?
So, there you are. You have survived the journey. Your teams are working happily from the cloud, discovering new features and cool tools, and applications are being modernized. It all sounds great. Until you get the bill, and you have no idea how you got to that amount. Or, maybe you watched spend slowly rise, but all along, you thought it would balance itself out? Or you hoped they were just start-up costs and you would get them under control as time went by? Whatever the reason, it’s time to get in the driver’s seat and get a grip on your cloud spending.
Numbers Tell the Tale
Every day, we work with companies across the globe to bring their cloud costs down. Are they all doing something wrong? Of course not! But — and this proves to be the culprit every time — they do sorely lack insight into their cloud usage and, consequently, lack the ability to control costs.
In the case of one of our clients, seeing their cloud expenses rise faster than their revenue indicated that something was seriously off. But, without the right insights and metrics, how do you know where the problem lies? Days of thorough research helped us figure that out. After which, we could right-size and re-configure resources and move some products to shared services. By doing so, we cut costs by at least 20%!
— René van Osnabrugge, CTO Xebia | Xpirit Netherlands
Get the Insights You Need
We’ve got some good news! All those much-desired insights you need to reduce your cloud spend by (at least) 20%? We can get them for you!
The in-house tool, developed by our Azure gurus, scans your entire Azure environment* and determines where you can save money based on its experience and knowledge with and of Azure.
You will get the following:
- An overview of what resources, products, and platforms are used, by which team and at what cost
- A clear distinction between production and non-production resources
- Potential monthly savings per product
- Cost savings by categories and rules
- Charts and heatmaps, making data easy to understand
- Tips and tricks, including licensing benefits
- An assessment of your cloud maturity level and the help you need to reach your desired level
Want to know more about this tool? Connect with Michiel van Oudheusden, the mastermind behind it, on LinkedIn.
*This tool was developed for an Azure environment. Are you using multiple cloud providers and looking for a unified overview of costs and areas of improvement? As a partner of all major cloud platforms, Xebia has the depth and breadth to tackle any challenge on any cloud! Contact us here.
Or, Get the Partner You Need!
If you don’t have the in-house skills or resources to work on reducing costs, or you’d rather focus on what you are good at and outsource the rest, then opt for Cloud Control, brought to you by our Managed Services team.
Cloud Control includes:
- Our DevOps engineers will actively review your environment
- A dashboard for real-time insight into your Azure cloud
- 24/7 support, with a direct line of communication between our team and Microsoft’s HQ
- The promise of continuous optimization, focusing on scalability and availability
- Extensive monitoring and alerting to guarantee security and compliance
- A cost reduction of (on average) 20%
Are you determined to reduce your cloud costs by the end of this year, but are you unsure which path is best for your business? We are here to help. Contact us.