Become a Google Cloud Network Engineer
Are you a Network Engineer planning to use Google Cloud Platform? Do you want to become a Professional on the Google Cloud Platform? Time to gain the knowledge and skills to implement VPCs, hybrid connectivity, network services, and security for established network architectures for successful cloud implementations. This training offers you a broad study of networking options on the Google Cloud Platform and prepares you for the Google Network Engineer exam.
Networking on GCP is perfect for
Join us if you are a Network Engineers or Admins who uses Google Cloud Platform or is planning to do so and want to get to know the software-defined networking solutions in the Cloud. Before enrolling, you need to complete the Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course, or have equivalent experience. Prior understanding of the 7 layer OSI model, IPv4 addressing and routes will help you get the most out of this training.
What will you learn during the Networking on GCP training?
This 2-day training offers a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs. You will explore and deploy GCP networking technologies, such as Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets, firewalls; interconnection among networks; load balancing; Cloud DNS; Cloud CDN; Cloud NAT. We will also cover common network design patterns and automated deployment using Deployment Manager or Terraform.
Google Cloud VPC Networking Fundamentals
- Recall that networks belong to projects
- Explain the differences among default, auto, and custom networks
- Create networks and subnets
- Explain how IPv4 addresses are assigned to Compute Engine instances
- Publish domain names using Cloud DNS
- Create Compute Engine instances with IP aliases
- Create Compute Engine instances with multiple virtual network interfaces
Controlling Access to VPC Networks
- Outline how IAM policies affect VPC networks
- Control access to network resources using service accounts
- Control access to Compute Engine instances with tag-based firewall rules
Sharing Networks across Projects
- Outline the overall workflow for configuring shared VPC
- Differentiate between the IAM roles that allow network resources to be managed
- Configure peering between unrelated VPC networks
- Recall when to use shared VPC and when to use VPC peering
- Recall the various load balancing services
- Configure Layer 7 HTTP(S) load balancing
- Whitelist and blacklist IP traffic with Cloud Armor
- Cache content with Cloud CDN
- Configure internal load balancing
- Determine which GCP load balancer to use when
- Recall the GCP interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to GCP
- Explain Dedicated Interconnect and Partner Interconnect
- Describe the workflow for configuring a Dedicated Interconnect
- Build a connection over a VPN with Cloud Router
- Determine which GCP interconnect service to use when
- Explain Direct Peering and Partner Peering
- Determine which GCP peering service to use when
Networking Pricing and Billing
- Recognize how networking features are charged for
- Use Network Service Tiers to optimize spend
- Determine which Network Service Tier to use when
- Recall that labels can be used to understand networking spend
Network Design and Deployment
- Explain common network design patterns
- Automate the deployment of networks using Deployment Manager
- Launch networking solutions using Cloud Marketplace
Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Configure uptime checks, alerting policies en Service Charts
- Gebruik VPC Flow Logs to log and analyze network traffic behavior
This Cloud Technology training is brought to you by Binx.io. Binx.io develops Cloud-Based Solutions, trains and coaches teams, and provides Managed Cloud Services. Binx.io is Google Cloud Authorized Training Partner, and your trainer is a real Cloud guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you get the most out of GCP.
Our Google Cloud Platform training courses all follow the curriculum drawn up by Google. The Networking in Google Cloud Platform training gives you in-depth knowledge and a Professional level understanding of implementing and managing network architectures in GCP. This training prepares you for Google's Professional Cloud Network Engineering exam and certificate. Google recommends you to have 3+ years of industry experience, including 1+ years designing and managing solutions using GCP before taking the exam.
Google Cloud Platform Learning Journey
Your GCP Network Engineering Learning Journey starts with a Foundation level training. Once you have the basics in place, you can select the Certified Google Cloud Platform track that best fits your professional ambitions. This training is an essential step on your journey to becoming a Google Cloud Professional Network Engineer. If you are just getting started, the Foundation level training you need for the Network Engineer track is Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure.
Yes, I want to become a Professional Network Engineer.
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Literature and a delicious lunch are included in the price of the training.
- This training includes Google's Professional Cloud Network Engineer exam and certificate.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.
- You need to bring your laptop to this training.