We’ve already been talking about Deployit, XebiaLabs’ deployment automation product, for some time. Now we are proud to announce that you can try Deployit for yourself by downloading the Personal Edition of Deployit!
If you don’t know what Deployit is yet, have a look at the movie below!
To summarize; Deployit will automate your Java EE application deployments and, because of the overview it offers and the history it keeps, it also allows you to manage and optimize your deployments.
What’s in Deployit v1.2?
We have just released version 1.2 of Deployit. This version has support for the major three application servers; IBM WebSphere AS, Oracle WebLogic Server and JBoss AS. And Deployit now has an open plugin API that allows you to extend the existing plugins or write your own. In this way you can support your custom middleware systems, custom procedures, or even add support for middleware we do not support (yet). The full list of features is as follows:
- Support for IBM WebSphere Application Server 6 and 7;
- Support for Oracle WebLogic Server 10 and 11g;
- Support for JBoss Application Server 4 and 5;
- Support for Apache HTTPD including the management of virtual hosts and generation of WebSphere and WebLogic plugin configurations;
- Support for the creation and configuration of clusters and servers on heterogenous middleware environments;
- Support for a broad range of artifacts, JDBC data sources, JMS resources, shared libraries (JARs), application configurations, firewalls and static content;
- Extensible plugin API framework to include custom middleware stacks and applications;
- Middleware integration test framework and a TCK.
Get started with the Personal Edition!
Together with the release of version 1.2 we have made a Personal Edition available for download. The Personal Edition has the same features as the full Enterprise Edition except for the security features. Also, the license is only valid for a single user. For a full comparison of the editions see the download page.
When you have downloaded the Personal Edition of Deployit, you can see how it works in your own environment! There’s a Getting Started manual to get you up and running and doing deployments within minutes. When you are stuck you can use our email support address or use our telephone support. And you can use the Deployit forums and browse (and add to) the Deployit JIRA. When you’ve done all that, have a look at the plugin API to see how easy it is to customize and extend Deployit. A couple of people from the Deployit community (Hi Benoit and Emmanuel! 😉 ) have already written new plugins with the Deployit framework.
We are very happy with the release of Deployit v1.2 and the Personal Edition and we look forward to your questions, new ideas, feature requests and even your bug reports. So, if you haven’t done so already, start downloading now!