Did you ever use AngularJS as a frontend framework? Then you should definitely give Meteor a try! Where AngularJS is powerful just as a client framework, meteor is great as a full stack framework. That means you just write your code in one language as if there is no back- and frontend at all. In fact, you get an Android and IOS client for free. Meteor is so incredibly simple that you are productive from the beginning.
- As in the backend file and in the frontend file one can access and query over the Todos collection. Meteor is responsible for syncing the todos. Even when another user adds an item, it will be visible to your client directly. Meteor accomplishes this by a client-side Mongo implementation (MiniMongo).
- One can write validation rules once! And they are executed both on the front-end and on the back-end. So you can give my user quick feedback about invalid input, but you can also guarantee that no invalid data is processed by the backend (when someone bypasses the client). And this is all without duplicated code.
- Latency Compensation. On the client, Meteor prefetches data and simulates models to make it look like server method calls return instantly.
- Meteor is open source and integrates with existing open source tools and frameworks.
- Services (like an official package server and a build farm).
- Command line tools
- Hot deploys
Under the hoodMeteor consists out of several subprojects. In fact, it is a library of libraries. In fact, it is a stack; a standard set of core packages that are designed to work well together: [caption id="" align="alignright" width="200"] Components used by meteor[/caption]
- To make meteor reactive they've included the components blaze and tracker. The blaze component is heavily based on handlebars.
- The DDP component is a new protocol, described by meteor, for modern client-server communication.
- Livequery and full stack database take all the pain of data synchronization between the database, backend and frontend away! You don't have to think about in anymore.
- The Isobuild package is a unified build system for browser, server and mobile.