EventStorming is a technique that minimizes assumptions by doing deliberate, collaborative learning with different disciplines in order to solve business problems in the most effective way. We can use this tool in a variety of contexts - from deliberate discovery to team flow and from sprint retrospectives to detangling systems and from domain-driven design to designing CQRS/event sourcing systems and determining candidate microservices. As long as there is a story to tell and a timeline involved, EventStorming will be a useful tool.
During this 4 hour, interactive & live-virtual workshop you will experience the power of EventStorming first-hand. We have adapted the format to match the current social distancing constraints and optimized the flow for an optimal online learning experience.
Is the Remote EventStorming training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a software architect
- Yes - if you are a consultant
- Yes - if you are a software developer
- Yes - if you are an agile coach
- Yes - if you are eager to learn cool collaboration techniques that help you grow your career
What will I achieve by completing this training course?
You will learn:
- How EventStorming can help form a shared understanding between domain experts (business) and technology specialists (development teams),
- How to participate in - and possibly facilitate your own - remote EventStorming sessions
- The different EventStorming types; from a helicopter view to detailed software design
- Which online tools to utilize to maximize the effectiveness of your sessions and store the produced artefacts for reuse at a later time
- What is EventStorming
- Why would you use it
- When to use EventStorming
- The different types of EventStorming
- Hands-on: collaboratively modeling a real-life domain
- Key heuristics and Q&A
What else should I know?
- Preferably a Miro account