Improve insights with Power BI!
Unlock more insights through better data analysis and visualization with Power BI. Power BI is available for free and referred to as the leader in the Business Intelligence market by Gartner and Forrester. Power BI is the perfect tool for creating Business Intelligence reports.
This training is perfect for
Professionals that use data analysis and visualization and are looking for a way to create better insights. Whether you have just started as a Data Analyst, or you work in a field that uses data analysis, you will benefit from this training. The training starts with the basics of creating a Power BI dashboard, so no previous experience with Power BI is required.
What will you learn during Power BI in a day?
You will be able to use Power BI independently and create and share simple, insightful, useful dashboards. The training provides both a theoretical background on the inner workings of Power BI and hands-on experience with the tool.
The program consists of three blocks that combine theory and practice.
- Introduction into Power BI and the Power Query Editor
- Hands-on: extracting, transforming and loading data into the Power Query Editor
- Data modeling and data visualization
- Hands-on: building a data model and creating and sharing a dashboard
- Hands-on: adding extra functionalities to your dashboards, such as navigation and interaction or building a dashboard based on your own data set
You will learn:
- How to extract, transform and load data into Power BI from various sources
- How to describe storage options using Power BI when connecting to a database
- How to perform various types of data transformations in the Power Query Editor
- How to mash up data by integrating different sources
- How to describe Power BI desktop data modeling
- About the relationships between tables and how to create them
- How to create visualizations to explore data
- How to build an interactive dashboard
- How to share a dashboard with colleagues
Data Science Trainers
This Data Science training is brought to you by our trainingspartner GoDataDriven. GoDataDriven works with experts in their field who are always on the lookout for the most innovative ways to get the most out of data. Your trainer is a data guru who enjoys sharing his or her experiences to help you work with the latest tools.
Data Science Learning Journey
Your Data Science Learning Journey starts with an introduction course like this, or another Foundation course, like the Certified Data Science with Python Foundation course. After completing this Power BI training, proceed to the level of a Professional with our DAX or Data Modeling course.
Yes, I want to do more with Power BI!
After registering for this training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- If you want to work with your data during the final part of the program, please bring your own data set.
- The training requires a laptop and Power BI. Power BI is available for free.
- This course is brought to you by our training partner GoDataDriven.
- Literature and a nice lunch are included in the price.
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included.