Save 33% on all Live Virtual Classrooms in May and June: Claim your 33% here.
Learn a new language!
Kotlin is perceived as the Java alternative with many benefits. It's an open-source programming language used for Android development. If you are already using Kotlin, but want to know the ins and outs of the language, this training will teach you them. If you are new to Kotlin, but will be using it in the near future, this is the place to start learning a new language! A combination of theory, live coding, and hands-on exercises will help you develop Android apps or write Back-end applications with Kotlin.
This Kotlin Foundation training is perfect for
We would recommend you join us if you are an Android Developer, Backend Developer, Senior Developer or Architect who wants to innovate the Java based application landscape. Basic programming skills are required. We assume, if you ended up on this page, you probably have them!
What will you learn during the Kotlin Foundation training?
We will start by introducing Kotlin: the fundamentals, most important advanced features, ecosystem and tooling. You will learn how to use Kotlin's core APIs, how to apply Kotlin for real-world projects, how to move from Java to Kotlin, and the (many!) benefits that come with this transition.
Kotlin's core features
You will learn:
- Object Orientation
- Null Safety
- Functional Programming
- Type-safe builders / DSLs
- Co-routines Basics
Using the Kotlin language
You will learn:
- How to write production software with Kotlin in an idiomatic way: Android apps and Back-end, using frameworks such as Springboot.
- How to write concise, expressive, safe and maintainable code using Kotlin’s built-in language features.
- How to solve problems using the functional programming feature.
- To understand and write basic DSLs.
- How to convert a Java code base to Kotlin and the benefits involved with that.
- To master Kotlin tooling.
Our trainers are skilled Software Engineers and Consultants. They are gurus in their field with an impressive amount of experience they are eager to share with you. From in-depth knowledge to hands-on experience, our trainers will teach you how to step up your game and do a better job!
Developer Learning Journey
The Learning Journey of a professional Developer starts at Xebia Academy! This training will offer you the basics of Kotlin. We offer a wide range of training courses. From programming skills to Domain Driven Design and Front-end Development courses. If you are interested to find out what courses you could include in your own personal Learning Journey, please check out all our Developer Skills courses here.
Yes, I want to use Kotlin
After registering for this Kotlin Foundation training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- Literature and a nice lunch are included in the price of the training
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included
- We offer this training in Dutch and English
- You will need to bring your own laptop