Become a Kanban Management Professional
Kanban is a way to better organize processes. Kanban prescribes a few steps, such as visualizing the workflow, managing the to-do list with WIP and making clear agreements about how to work together as a team. Kanban helps you implement continuous improvement for sustainable customer satisfaction. This KMP II training follows the KMP I and offers you all you need to become a Kanban Management Professional.
"I really liked the many discussions and conversations about Kanban!" - Agile Consultant
This Kanban (KMP II) training is perfect for
Are you currently using Kanban, do you have prior experience with Kanban or have you completed the Kanban System Design (KMP I) training? Then this training is perfect for you. The Kanban Management Professional training is the next step in the process of obtaining your KMP II certificate. It's not required to have taken the KMP I course first, although we do recommend you do so.
What will you learn during the Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) training?
You will learn all the skills and knowledge the Kanban University considers necessary to become a Kanban Management Professional. We start with exploring the daily management of your Kanban system. After that we take a look at the 7 cadences and how to build an information flow. You will learn how to roll out a Kanban system in phases, how to improve Agile initiatives such as Scrum with Kanban, and how to manage this new way of working. In short, this training helps you decide which Kanban approach works best for you and how you can continue to develop this within your organization.
- WIP: how to deal with resistance to WIP limits.
- Asymmetrical commitment: understanding asymmetrical commitment.
- Rollout: rollout phases for a Kanban initiative.
- Service orientation: how to develop a service orientation.
- Evolutionary change: how to manage evolutionary change.
Your trainer is always an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) with extensive practical experience. We also call our trainers gurus in their field. They are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experiences with you during the training!
KMP II Certification
After successfully completing the training, you will receive a Kanban University KMP II certificate and you can call yourself a Kanban Management Professional. This includes:
- a digital KMP status certificate linked to a Kanban University (KU) website profile.
- a KMP badge on the KU website.
- a KMP badge file for professional websites, business cards, and marketing materials.
- special invitations, discounts, and content only available to KU members.
Kanban Learning Journey
Kanban is a way of working Agile. If you want, you can first deepen your knowledge of Kanban with the Kanban Foundation training or the more specific Team Kanban Practitioner training at Foundation level. At Professional level, Xebia Academy offers both the Kanban System Design (KMP I) training and this Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) training. Following the KMP I and KMP II training is a requirement to become a Kanban University certified Kanban Management Professional. After that you can follow the Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) training and the Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP) training at Expert level.
Yes, I want to become a Kanban Management Professional
After registration you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements. If preparation is desired, you will also receive the literature via email. See you then!
What else do I need to know?
- The Kanban University KMP II certificate is included in the price of the training.
- Study material and a delicious lunch are also included.
- T&A is not included in the price.
- This training is in English or Dutch.