In our complex, fast changing and competitive business environment there is simply not the time and the money anymore for big, complex and long product innovation cycles. Modern agile companies empower teams to quickly find and validate customer-centric solutions before they are even built. By doing this they limit the three important risks:
- Desirability Risk: Will the customers buy/use the solution?
- Feasibility Risk: Can it be built?
- Viability Risk: Is the solution viable for our business?
Do you want to learn and practice the principles, tools and techniques to innovate better, more quickly and more effectively? Then this training is right for you.
In this two-day training course you will learn and experience from our experienced coaches all the tools and techniques from Design Thinking, Lean Start-up and Agile/Scrum to innovate like a Start-up. Besides the theory you will "learn by doing" as you work together in a team on a design challenge. Experience the start-up principles, immersed in the world of human-centered design, fast iterations, rapid prototyping and quick validation techniques. This training is taught in Dutch, German or English.
Is the Design Thinking: Product Innovation training right for me?
- Yes - if you want to learn how to innovate like a start-up to quickly find and validate solution ideas
- Yes - if your role is product manager, product owner, product area lead, Scrum Master, business analyst, customer journey expert, UX expert, solution architect, sales, innovation, or marketing manager
- Yes - if you want to learn how the Design Thinking processes, the Lean Start-up methodology and Agile Scrum methodologies work together
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- The definition of Design Thinking
- What the Lean Start-up is
- What rapid prototyping is
- How human- centered design works and how to make a difference for your end-users
- How to create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions
- How to validate your solution ideas quickly
- How to drive innovation with your team
- What a problem- solution and product market fit is
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Creating a plan for and building a product prototype
- Implementing design thinking & lean start-up techniques, such as: point-of view definition, problem & solution interview techniques, personas, customer journey mapping, storytelling, creativity-enhancing techniques, building & validating low-fidelity solution prototype, Lean Start-up (Build, Measure, Learn), Lean Canvas, defining the riskiest assumptions
You will develop the skills to:
- Apply Design Thinking, Lean Start-up and agile / Scrum for your product discovery
- Develop empathy with your customers to understand your customers better
- Design better solutions faster
- Rapid experimentation: Faster validate and adapt your solutions to the needs of your end-users and combine it with your sprints
Design Thinking Learning Journey
If you are new to Design Thinking, our 1-day Foundation workshop is the place to start. After this course, you can expand your knowledge and gain advanced Design Thinking skills in our 2-day Professional level Design Thinking: Product Innovation training. Do you want to learn how to run a Design Sprint with your team, then take a look at the Design Sprint Facilitation or Design Sprint: from Idea to Product in 4 Days training courses.