In this two-day training for practitioners you will learn the ins-and-outs and how to facilitate a Design Sprints by working through a hands-on case. You will learn what it takes to successfully prepare, organize and facilitate a Design Sprint, how to effectively steer a group of participants so that they can reach their goals. During a personal coaching session, you will learn how to be creative and confident as a facilitator.
During the training you will be working as a group, learn how to give and receive feedback and manage group dynamics. Taught in Dutch or English, this training was created especially for those who have completed the Design Sprint Foundation training. So prior experience is required.
Is Design Sprint Facilitation training right for me?
- Yes - if you are an entrepreneur, entrepreneur or innovator
- Yes - if your role is product owner, product manager, scrum master, customer journey expert, UX designer, team coach or innovation manager
- Yes - if you want to quickly discover and test solutions that add value for end-users
- Yes - if you want to drive creativity within (an) organization(s)
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- How to successfully run a Design Sprint
- How to work with time constraints when running Design Sprints (5 days, 4 days or even less)
- When Design Sprints are a good idea and when not
- How to work with a group of participants through a problem, think of creative ideas and prototype a solution which will be tested with end-users
- How to be the kick-starter and sell Design Sprints within your company
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Every part of the Design Sprint process
- How to adjust the process if you have less time available
- Agenda & workshop design
- Creativity-enhancing techniques
- Managing group dynamics
- Feedback and facilitation skills
You will develop the skills to:
- Effectively apply the Design Sprint process in your next endeavor
- Get started to effectively facilitate Design Sprints in your own workplace
- Guide a group of participants through a Design Sprint
- Be flexible in amount of time needed to run a Design Sprint
Design Spring Learning Journey
If you are new to Design Thinking, our 1-day Foundation workshop is the place to start. After this course, you can expand your knowledge and gain advanced Design Thinking skills in our 2-day Professional level Design Thinking: Product Innovation training. Do you want to learn how to run a Design Sprint with your team, then take a look at the Design Sprint Facilitation or Design Sprint: from Idea to Product in 4 Days training courses.
What else should I know?
You should have completed the Design Sprint Foundations training, or have prior knowledge of Design Sprints. This training is focused on your personal facilitation skills and less on the details of individual steps in the process of the Design Sprint.