Learn all about Scrum from Jeff Sutherland
If you can't wait to discover the whys and hows of Scrum, or you have set your mind on becoming a Certified Scrum Master, this is your chance to learn from the co-creator himself! Jeff Sutherland will take you on a 2-day journey through the world of Agile working and Scrum. He will share all his knowledge and experience to help you excel as Scrum Master.
"I really liked the fact that Jeff shared his personal experiences, as well as what inspired him to create the Scrum framework. This helped me get an in-depth understanding of Scrum. For me this was very valuable." - Agile Coach
This CSM training is perfect for
You have completed our Scrum Foundation course, gained experience on the job or read about Scrum. Or maybe you are quite new to it all. CSM is perfect for anyone who wants to know more about Scrum and is eager to officially become a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master.
What will you learn during this Certified Scrum Master (CSM) training?
This training starts with understanding the basics of Scrum. Jeff discusses the principles of Agile and shares the origin of the Scrum framework. After laying this foundation, we explore how to use Scrum to better meet the needs of customers. You will learn what the three main roles within Scrum are, as well as the purpose of all Scrum Events. Jeff will explain how feedback loops and the Product Backlog contribute to the delivery of top-notch products. At the end of the training you are able to set up a Scrum Team, write User Stories and coach your team to the top.
- Scrum & Agile: what is Scrum, and how does it match the Agile mindset?
- Scrum Framework: what does a Scrum proces look like? And, what are the Scrum values?
- Scrum Team: the characteristics of all roles within a Scrum Team. And, how to start a Scrum Team?
- Scrum Events: the purpose of every Scrum Event, with a focus on sprints, and role of participants
- Scrum Artifacts: what are Scrum Artifacts and why do we use them?
Meet your trainer: Jeff Sutherland
Xebia Academy is proudly part of Xebia Consulting Group. An international network of leading experts and people who want to make a difference. In 1993, Jeff Sutherland launched the first Scrum Team. This was the start of Scrum making a difference for companies worldwide. A Scrum training from Jeff provides you with first-hand skills, knowledge and experiences.
The CSM exam (plus one retake) and Scrum Alliance certificate are both included in the training. To obtain your certification, attendance during the entire training is a requirement. The exam is an online exam you take at a moment of your choice. Please note the exam and possible retake are only free of charge if completed within 90 days of the last training day. After that the exam is at your own expense. If you pass the CSM exam, you will:
- receive a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certificate
- become a member of the Scrum Alliance community (renew your membership after two years)
- be included in the global database of Certified Scrum Master
Certified Scrum Master Learning Journey
The Learning Journey of a Certified Scrum Master starts with an interest in Scrum. We offer you the basics in a one day Scrum Foundation training. If you have some Scrum knowledge, you can also start with the Professional level CSM training. Want to become an expert? A CSM certificate and one year of practice gets you into our Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) training. Want to be a trainer or collect some more titles? Continue your journey with Scrum Alliance’s many options for true Scrum fanatics.
Yes, I want to become a Certified Scrum Master
After registering for the CSM training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else should I know?
- The Scrum Alliance CSM exam is included in the price of the training
- Literature, a nice lunch and Jeff's book: 'Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time' are included too
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included
- We offer this CSM training in English. If you are looking for a Dutch CSM course, please click here. We offer that too!
Still trying to decide between CSM or PSM? Read our blog!