Kickstart your Kubernetes learning experience!
As a team facilitating other teams in hosting their Docker containers, or as a DevOps team that does everything by their selves, you have decided to work with Kubernetes. Great choice and there are readily available solutions to get started on Kubernetes. Then you discover everything runs fine on day one, but what about day two and three? Do you know how the system you’ve just provisioned actually functions? Don’t worry, this 3-day Kubernetes course will get you fully up to speed in no-time.
The Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) training is perfect for
The CKA training is intended for Engineers who build, maintain and support container platforms and want to learn more how to build a truly production-ready platform. Whether it’s self-hosted or hosted on a cloud platform such as Google Cloud, this training will help you take a step forward. Acquire the knowledge needed to obtain your CKA certification and be ready for any challenges your cluster might face. CKA is a Professional level course, which means there are requirements for participation. You have basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments and experience with systems operations or development operations.
What will you learn during the CKA training?
This is your chance to kickstart your Kubernetes learning experience. This training takes you from zero Kubernetes-know-how to Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) in just three days. By taking it step by step and combining theoretical interludes and a practical tutorial, you’ll learn all you need to get started, like the core concepts of Kubernetes, what is needed to build your own cluster and many more skills to master Kubernetes!
You will learn:
- The core concepts of Kubernetes
- What is needed to build your Kubernetes cluster
- What you need to take into account when designing your cluster setup
- How to secure your Kubernetes cluster
- To understand the networking configuration on the cluster nodes
- How the Container Network Interface [CNI] works
- How to monitor all cluster components
- How to configure applications with persistent storage
- How the various components in a Kubernetes cluster interact
- How to install, configure and validate Kubernetes clusters
- How to use the Kubernetes scheduler
- How to manage applications logs on Kubernetes
- How to facilitate Kubernetes upgrades
- The skills to debug troublesome Kubernetes clusters
- The latest Kubernetes developments
Your trainers are also DevOps, IT Architecture, SRE, and Software Engineering Consultants. They are gurus in their field, who will provide a well-balanced mix of background theory and practical know-how. They are happy to share their experiences, for you to better understand the Kubernetes and prepare for your CKA exam!
The Kubernetes Administrator exam (plus one retake) and Cloud Native Computer Foundation certificate are included in the training. The exam is taken online at your moment of choice. It consists of a set of problems you need to solve in the command line within a maximum of three hours. After passing the exam, you will receive your CKA certificate., which is valid for 36 months, after which you will have to meet renewal requirements.
DevOps Learning Journey
Xebia Academy offers extensive opportunities to learn more about DevOps in general and Kubernetes. Wherever you are on your journey, or whatever your future ambitions are, we’ve got your back. From DASA Certified DevOps training courses to Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Kubernetes. Go ahead and create your Learning Journey or contact one of our training advisors to discuss your options.
Yes, I want to become a Certified Kubernetes Administrator!
After registering for the CKA training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training, we will ask you about any dietary requirements and share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
What else do I need to know?
- Study materials and a delicious lunch are included in the price of the training.
- Travel and accommodation is not included
- You need to bring your own laptop with admin access.