This course is aimed at developers faced with these and other Azure-related questions. During these 3 days, developers will get an overview of the services that matter for them. You will learn how to build applications with the cloud in mind. You'll understand the most commonly used services and patterns when working with Azure.
After this training, you'll be much better equipped to take your code to the cloud!
Is Azure Developer training right for me?
- Yes – if you are a developer who want to start using Azure as part of their tool and development chain.
- Yes – even if you have no experience with Azure
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
An overview of the Azure cloud
- A history of the cloud
- Cloud platforms compared
- SAAS, PAAS, IAAS… oh my!
- What do I use for which problem?
- A word on pricing in Azure
Understanding the Azure Portal
- A guided tour of the portal
- Customization of the portal
- Visual Studio integration
Exploring App Services and App Service Plans
- Site Gallery
- Building and deploying web applications with App Services
- Azure Mobile App Service
- Monitoring your site
- Scaling with service plans
Creating and hosting an API with Azure API apps
- Building and hosting an API in Azure
- Integration with Swagger
Working with Virtual Machines
- Creating a virtual machine
- Pricing options
- An overview of the different database options in Azure
- Working with SQL in the cloud
- Understanding Cosmos DB
Going Serverless with Azure Functions
- An overview of Serverless with Azure Functions
- Triggering functions
- An overview of the different storage options
- Blob storage
- Securing data using Shared Access Signatures
VSTS and automated deployment
- Automating your deployment using VSTS and Azure
- CI builds
An introduction to Containers in Azure
- What are containers?
- Exploring the different ways to work with containers in Azure
Security with Azure Active Directory and Azure Key Vault
- Integration with Azure AD
- Storing secrets in Key Vault for your apps
Monitoring with App Insights
- Performance management
- Integration from your app
What else is there in Azure
- An overview of the services we didn't cover
What else should I know?
- C# programming experience
- Some web development experience
You need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Visual Studio 2017 installed
- Azure Trial subscription