This 3-day immersive training will be conducted by Vishwas Lele, a five-time Azure MVP and Microsoft Regional Director. Vishwas has been working with cloud technologies since 2007 and has helped dozens of commercial and private-sector companies adopt the cloud.
This Azure CSA Master Class is custom designed to help you take your existing architecture and design skills to the realm of cloud computing. We will quickly move beyond topics like “What is an App Service? or How to a setup highly available VM?” etc. and discuss real world guidance, best practices and constraints associated with using these services. Attendees are encouraged to watch Azure Essentials in preparation for the course, allowing us to move past the fundamentals quickly.
This course is filled with demos and code to help you develop a deep understanding of key concepts. Since we have such a wide range of topics to cover, we will not have time for hands-on labs during the regular class hours. Instead attendees are expected to fork the code repo created for the class and experiment on their own.
The ultimate goal of this class is to engender a cloud native mindset. Cloud native is a mindset that goes beyond moving an existing application to the cloud or leveraging latest and great cloud services. Cloud native is a solution-focused approach to building applications that maximizes the benefits that the cloud has to offer.
Is the Azure Architect Masterclass right for me?
- Yes – If you are an Azure cloud architect and want to learn best practices learned from a very experienced cloud Architect
- Yes – If you are a cloud architect (AWS, Google) and want to learn Azure
- Yes – If you are a lead developer in a team that wants to move their software to the cloud in the near future
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
Why Cloud / Why Azure?
- The “big switch”
- Review of commercial clouds
- Azure platform evolution
- Azure differentiators
What is Azure CSA?
- The role of the Azure CSA
- People and process changes
- Cloud Oriented Programming
- Cost Economics
- Topology of a VM
- Availability Set
- VM Scale Set
- Low-priority VMs
- Event Grid
- VNET / Subnet
- Load Balancers (Traffic Manager Application Gateway, ILB)
- Traffic Filtering (NSG, NVA)
- Network Security
- Gateway, peering (public/ private)
- Network Service Endpoints
- Tiering (hot, cool, archive)
- Blob Storage
- Geo Replication
- Disks (Managed Disks Premium Disks
- Data Transfer ( Export / import, appliance), Data Box
PaaS Essentials 1/2
- Cloud Services – Web and worker roles
- App Service (Web, Mobile)
- Service Fabric – Windows and Linux
- Functions – Serverless
PaaS Essentials 2/2
- Azure SQL Database / MI
- Cosmos DB
- Azure Data Bricks
- Azure ML
- Azure CLI/ Cloud Shell / Azure automation / PS
- ARM fundamentals - Resource Provider / Control and Data Plane / Templates/ Policy
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Toolchain (Azure DevOps)
- Load Testing
- Security Center
- Key Vault
- Auditing and Logging
Group Discussion / Call to Action
- Lift-n-shift & cloud native
- Cloud adoption strategies
- Pitfalls and lessons learnt
- Staying current with the Cloud cadenceWhat else should I know?
What else should I know?
- You will need to bring your own laptop for this training