Think like a hacker, prevent a hack!
Continuously asking yourself what can go wrong is not always the best thing to do. When we're talking about protecting your software, it's certainly a good idea though. During this 1-day Agile Threat Modeling training you will learn to think like a hacker, in order to prevent a hack. We use Agile refinement techniques like Impact Mapping, Event Storming and Specification by Example to look at risks in a proactive way.
"I liked the interaction of the training the most, you learn in a practical way by doing exercises. - The Gouda
The Agile Threat Modeling training is perfect for
We offer this training to Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Software Architects and everyone involved in software development and delivery. Do you want to know how hackers can abuse your software and how your system reacts to an attack? Or, do you want to learn how to proactively protect your software? Then this training is perfect for you.
What will you learn during Agile Threat Modeling?
This training is aimed at identifying risks. You will learn how hackers look at your system and what techniques they use to crack or abuse it. This training focuses on recognizing risks and learning more about how to deal with potential attacks. If you know this, protecting your software is much easier!
You will learn to:
- Identify security risks during the transition from Epic to User Stories
- Identify potential risks during every phase of refinement
- Prioritize risks and mitigate measures
- Create Security User Stories and include them in the Backlog
- Identify risks that could impact on functionality
- Identify a wide range of risks (such as the OWASP top 10)
- Identify mitigating measures and improve safety of future releases
This Security training is given by experts in their field, specialists we also call gurus. Your trainer is a Security & Privacy specialist with a lot of experience, who is happy to share his or her knowledge and skills to help you protect your software.
Security Learning Journey
In addition to this Foundation level Agile Threat Modeling training, we also offer a Secure Coding Foundation training. This training is especially for Developers and really focuses on writing code. Do you want to follow a training at Professional level? Xebia Academy also offers a 2-day Pentesting Web & API Application Foundation.
Yes, I want to protect my software
After registering for this training you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. One week before the training we will ask you about your dietary requirements and we will share literature if you need to prepare yourself. See you soon!
What else do I need to know?
- At the end of the training, participants will receive a copy of the 'Microsoft Elevation of Privilege game' which is also used during the training
- This training entitles you to 8 CPE points
- The training is in English or Dutch
- Travel & accommodation expenses are not included