We will identify the patterns and anti-patterns underlying all state management solutions. These principles are not only applicable to the current solutions, but also to future state management solutions. You will understand the different solutions, with our real-world examples and hands-on exercises, instead of just knowing them.
We will also look at different types of state with different requirements. There is UI state, the URL, API data, global state and server side state. You will learn to recognize the different types and know how to manage them.
Is Advanced State Management in React training right for me?
- Yes - if you are a developer with experience with React and basic state management, but want to improve your understanding of different state management solutions
- Yes - if you want to avoid rewriting your state management solution
- Yes - if you want to save time by letting a library handle the boring parts of your app
- Yes - if you want to understand the principles of state management
What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Different state management solutions
- Different types of state
- Handling state when serverside rendering
- Avoiding boilerplate
- Leveraging your state management for analytics
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- React Hooks
- Context API
You will develop the skills to:
- Decide which state management solution makes sense
- Recognize different types of state
- Deliver a nice UX by showing users cached data
What else should I know?
- You have experience developing React applications
- You have experience with a state management solution
You need to bring your own laptop for this training. This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- Laptop running MacOS, Windows or Linux
- The current LTS version of NodeJS installed